Misleading

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Australia - Melbourne

Today, I went to dinner with a guy I like and paid the $120 bill. After joking that he was an expensive date, he replied, "I'm laughing at how you think this is a date." FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 133
You deserved it 6 525

Top comments

I apologize on behalf of all men for the behavior of that douche.

Don't even waste your time with him then. Make sure you collect his half of the bill too.

Comments

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Baby you played yourself. If someone asks you out then they pay. Or dutch at the most. Delete that douche from every fantasy you've ever had. The fact he said that to your face with a laugh means he doesn't respect or care about you, probably both.

If a guy isn't paying for your first date there is a problem. Been with my girl for 6 months. Just started letting her by things.

"Just started letting her buy things"? Because that isn't controlling at all. So, what, you just lock her in the cupboard and she has to get your permission to buy things?

jroxs13 4

This is what happens when women ask guys out who they know nothing about, and they only ask because they're hot..... I'm not justifying the guy's behavior, but I would bet money at what I just said is the case here. I will say this, we don't know anything about how she asked him out. There are many situations where a guy would be right to assume something is not a date. If she's his co-worker, then I'd almost say he's right to not assume it's a date. The guy was probably an asshole...but NOT because he let her pay if she offered. I love how women fight for equal rights...then demand the man pays for things.

Mademoiselle_fml 34

I don't think OP is upset because she thinks he should have paid the bill, as it's obvious she was fine paying it herself. But she did so because she thought it was a date. I think that if it wasn't a date, then she would have expected him to pay his half, that's all.

Axel5238 29

Doesn't seem like both of you were on the same page. You should have worked that out before hand. He might've had no reason to think it was a date and you didn't make it clear.

friedbunnies 9

Why the **** would you pay for it all and seriously - why the **** would you have a first date at a place that would cost so damn much?

Anyone who expects a free meal like that isn't worth your time, OP. You're better off without him.

it's not really a date if there is no sex

Funny how a lot if guys today let the woman pay for the date. Even if it's not a date he should have payed the bill. Sorry OP. Maybe next time

Mademoiselle_fml 34

Hmm, well I don't know about that. There's nothing wrong with the girl paying the bill every once in a while. But he should have at least paid his half if he knew it wasn't a date.

m sure he will have to pay for this attitude for females in future..