Master manipulator

By whatjusthappened - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Norman

Today, I tried to break up with my boyfriend, because he's too manipulative. By the time our chat ended, instead of being single, I'm somehow now committed to going on vacation with him and his family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 490
You deserved it 16 410

Top comments

Dude, how does that even happen? I understand its hard to breakup with someone but if hes manipulative you have to get a backbone and just do it.

ariiewilliams 17

Did he manipulate you into being his girlfriend too?

Comments

He should work on a lawyer? :o Sorry, I felt like I had to say it. Now nobody else has to.

lessleemc 3

clearly sexual orientation doesn't matter. they either manipulate really well or the person is getting a free trip and will break up after the freebee ride.

Nvyda 5

Y'know, if you don't have the balls to close your ears and walk away, the shitty relationship you're in is nobody's fault but yours.

For as long as you choose to put up with it, you deserve it. You know he's manipulative and yet you let him play you into agreeing to go on vacation. I get that breaking up is hard, but a little backbone is good for you, y'know.

Admit it: you just wanted to go on vacation with someone more than you wanted to break up with your boyfriend. YDI.

I need to learn his ways and use it for job interviews and such..

I think breaking up by text could be justified in this case.

I wouldent be surprised if your name was amber braid

I know how hard it is to walk away from an abusive/manipulative relationship, but you need to stand up for yourself. Tell him you're leaving and that's it.

squarecircles 13

Nothing's set in stone. Just say no or figure out a way to manipulate him back.