Manhunt

By toad - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I found my daughter on Facebook after years of looking for her after the divorce. It turns out it was my ex pretending to be my daughter so she could track me down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 671
You deserved it 6 287

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TC_fml 0

Restraining order anyone? Going once... going twice... I hope the f***er isn't the violent kind, that's mega creepy.

i interpret this as it just being a crazy ex girlfriend trying to find him, knowing that she could if she pretending to be his daughter who he's been looking for lol

Comments

Why did a divorce stop you from knowing where your kid is

If the mom won custody then she doesn't have to let OP see the kid if she doesn't want to.

YDI! Take responsibility of your daughter! You have rights don't pretend like she was impossible to see.

Not everyone has rights to see their child. If the ex wife was this crazy to stalk him, she sounds like someone that wouldn't let him have say in anything.

so how was him trying to find the daughter for years not taking responsibility?

And they what? Moved to Asia? You didn't know where your kid was? That is awesome parenting right there.

So.... You had no idea where yer daughter was? Why is that? Given the fact that yer ex was also apparently trying to find you, it sounds like you did some disappearing of your own.

Is your ex your daughters mother? Because, if so, YDI. She shouldn't need to track you down.. Even when the break up's nasty, you should be around to be a real Dad.

TomeDr 24

Why was she trying to track you down? Could it be because you haven’t paid child support? Yeah, there’s too much missing info here for me to pass judgement.