Let me out!

By Archie - 07/01/2010 08:31 - United States

Today, my friends decided it would be funny to engage the child locks on the rear doors of my SUV. My SUV has a bolted cage for the dog separating the front from the back. Guess who was locked in their own car for 2 hours? FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 563
You deserved it 4 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

it is really weird being the first to comment but anyways, you find should something equally funny/annoying and get back at your friends as for you being stuck get a cage that can be opened or removed from both sides

Did you knock wildly on the door, motioning for whoever notices to open the door? That happened to my mate. I saw him, and another person looking at him strangely, unsure what to do. The stranger thought my mate was trying something dodgy!

Comments

TylerDurden4 0

Why were you in the back of your own car?

kelleyb323 0

This doesn't even make sense why would you be in the back of your car? Second, if you have an SUV then why wouldn't you put your dog in the very back rather than your backseat?

wtsc 0

You have douche bag friends.

YDI for using a plural pronoun to refer to yourself.

Scorpiooo 0

Some SUV's don't have the 6-8th seats in the very back. That's where the dog area is. OP was stuck in the caged bit where the seats at the very back would normally be. SUV's don't have wind down windows that far back and the rear door is the door to the boot. OP may have been cleaning that area when his friends decided to put on the child lock and lock the door. And even if the windows did wind down the car wasn't necessarily on and he didn't necessarily have the keys. Hope this clears it up for some people.

Except there are no doors in that area either, except for the trunk door which has no child lock mechanism, but doesn't necessarily have a way to open from the inside either.

Feed the pooch cabbage and beans and lock your mates in there with him for an hour or so.

JohnByeBye 0

I'm the one who submitted this FML. Post #55 JaggedJacii is really the only one who gets it. My SUV is a Chevy Suburban with 3 rows of seats, electric locks, electric windows, and no handle on the inside for the tailgate. My keys were in the front seat along with my cell phone. I was looking for a pen that was between the 2nd and 3rd row of seats requiring me to climb back there. That is when my friends pulled their little stunt. I'm fortunate that it was not at night and someone came to my rescue, lol. The cage is actually a metal grate, forgive my misuse of the word. It is there to prevent my english mastiff from climbing into the front.

hey i kind of got it i just didn't exactly know what to say

I thought a little star/medal thing popped up with the OP commented...?

JohnByeBye 0

I forgot that I made an account here or else I would have posted it with this user name.

I don't get why you closed the door behind you. Naturally, when I'm fishing something from underneath my back seats I lean into the car and my feet dangle out...or I get in and the door remains open so you have both light and air circulation.

wind the window down and open the door from the outside?