Leave us alone

By DepressedMama - 26/01/2022 12:00 - United States - Kula

Today, my husband and mother started supplementing my newborn son with formula, because they are such control freaks and don't like my son getting attached to me. He was doing very well while exclusively breastfed according to the doctor. But it looks like my happiness or my son's well-being is of zero importance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 050
You deserved it 162

Same thing different taste

Top comments

randybryant799 20

Holy crap. I'd be furious and not let them continue that crap.

Grumpy Jack 26

As a father myself, I was happy to feed my babies with formula since my wife did not want to breastfeed anyway. But I believe that every woman should be able to choose without people to judge or interfere. If dad wants to get involved, there are other ways to do it (change diapers, clothing, hugs). Same for the grandma.

Comments

randybryant799 20

Holy crap. I'd be furious and not let them continue that crap.

Grumpy Jack 26

As a father myself, I was happy to feed my babies with formula since my wife did not want to breastfeed anyway. But I believe that every woman should be able to choose without people to judge or interfere. If dad wants to get involved, there are other ways to do it (change diapers, clothing, hugs). Same for the grandma.

Tell them that he is your son too and that you don't appreciate being excluded from decisions about his upbringing. A compromise must be found that works for everyone. If they don't like it, you can get a legal opinion.

Jennij717 4

If your husband wants that bonding experience as well, you should pump so he can still offer breast milk

ashlston 12

Put your foot down. This happens once, no matter how many children you end up having

they sound toxic. what else in your life do they control? grab your kid and run. not a healthy environment for you. I mean seriously, they don't want you bonding with your son? something smells really really wrong here. I'd be scared.

Leave. The son does not need a father and grandmother like that being in control of his life constantly.

....well you DID marry a control freak soooi

His mother? Gosh... if they can’t listen to you, running away with your son might be a good option.