This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By "Evan Swaney" - 02/03/2019 18:00

Last month I pulled a prank on my co-worker by putting red pepper flakes in his water. He responded by strangling me to the point of blacking out right in front of our boss. Today I found out one of the co-workers I'm close with still keeps in touch with him and updates him about everything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 773
You deserved it 1 470

Top comments

Jeremy Strang 7

Good. You're a stupid asshole.

KnightToucan 18

I understand that work isn't the place to play jokes n all, and not everyone is a fan of hot stuff, but how in the hell does OP playing a not very harmful prank on a coworker make it okay for him to be strangled to the point of passing out??? not trying to defend the OP or anything, but that seems like a waaaaay overreaction!

Comments

Jeremy Strang 7

Good. You're a stupid asshole.

Why is the second part relevant? Do we take it the strangler got fired? I’d have fired both of you assholes.

KnightToucan 18

I understand that work isn't the place to play jokes n all, and not everyone is a fan of hot stuff, but how in the hell does OP playing a not very harmful prank on a coworker make it okay for him to be strangled to the point of passing out??? not trying to defend the OP or anything, but that seems like a waaaaay overreaction!

WeirdUS 29

If had an alergy it could've been horrible and I'm guessing they also had no tolerance for spice. After everything online and in media dont spike someones food.

Still doesn’t mean it’s ok to strangle someone.

OP you are an idiot pulling a juvenile prank like that at work. It’s your own fault - You can never be sure how people will respond to pranks and surprises. It could have been worse. Pranks have no place in a job or place of business. I hope you learned your lesson.

TxKitten79 10

I hope you pressed assault charges!

If it weren't for his extreme overreaction, I'd say you deserved it.

Phil 14

Okay this could have been much worse Some people are allergic to hot peppers. But strangling someone to the point of blacking out is beyond the pale. OP at the very least I would have suspended you without pay for at least a week. But I would have probably fired the other one. Harmless pranks are one thing, such as zip tying their locker shut; no harm done. But to put something in someone's food, or drink, that could potentially cause real harm.

Dr_Jackal 16

You shouldn’t pull pranks on people you don’t know very well but getting strangled is a clear overreaction. FYL and YDI

I sincerely hope you got checked up at hospital. even if you only blacked out for a second or only nearly blacked out, it could be dangerous, you lost oxygen and need to be checked out. also those people saying you deserve it are incredibly harsh. yes your coworker could be allergic so you must be very careful, but that assault is so so not ok

Why should those two stop being friends because you started something that cost someone their job? I’d be more worried that the updates were for a lawsuit headed your way.