Instagone

By Anonymous - 02/01/2018 22:00 - United States - Lyons

Today, I found out that my girlfriend of almost four years was breaking up with me when she captioned an Instagram post saying, "Who else besides me is going into 2018 single?" I had already bought an engagement ring. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 307
You deserved it 338

Same thing different taste

Top comments

manb91uk 22

You kept the receipt right? You could always film yourself getting the refund with Beyonce playing in the background. Use the money to buy a pool table instead - your balls will be played with more then than in a marriage anyway. On a serious note, sorry OP.

At least you knew before proposing. Sorry, OP, that sucks.

Comments

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Could she have been doing it for likes??

Out of moderate curiosity, how do you US kids classify your tax status while you are dating? ...No, seriously, that's a newer, less formal definition that wasn't prominent in the middle of Bumfuck, Nowhere, when I was young. "Single" simply had nothing to do with dating, only marriage. I can see why it would change, should change, as people no longer place the same stupid level of awe on marriage. Still, if I'd said something like that, I'd have been sulking because I wasn't married, not gleeful that I was headed out with the gals to chase willies. ...Or wilmas, for that matter.

Don't you mean ex... Oh wait: yeah you kinda did, didn't you?