By Anonymous - 02/12/2018 15:30

Today, I learned after weeks of waiting that my order of vinyl siding had been shipped to a contractor in another state, who installed it without realizing it was the wrong style and color. I would have to wait weeks for a new shipment, except the manufacturer has discontinued it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 703
You deserved it 161

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Whose fault was it? The company might have no choice but to fix the entire situation. I hope you got a refund.

I bet you those folks in the other state are FMLing too...misery loves company

Comments

Whose fault was it? The company might have no choice but to fix the entire situation. I hope you got a refund.

That is such a first-world problem! I’m sure you’re getting lots of sympathy from third-world people who don’t have access to clean water, like those in Flint, Michigan.

Nobody likes to spend money and get something less than expected, let alone something totally wrong.

tounces7 27

Are you the customer waiting for it to be installed, or also a contractor yourself installing it for a customer of yours? Big difference in the FML here.

I bet you those folks in the other state are FMLing too...misery loves company

I'm sure that is disappointing, but I don't see it as FML level. You have a house and can afford new siding, which makes it seem like your life isn't so bad as the lives of so many others.

What exactly would you deem to be FML worthy than? Keep in mind that FML's are supposed to be, according to the sites own FAQ, little everyday stories that could happen to everybody. The phrase F My Life is not meant to be used in actual horrible, tragic, unrecoverable situations. Like you wouldn't say "Today my house collapsed on me leaving me paralyzed from the waist down. FML" because that's being flippant about a major situation but you could say "Today My Cat watched as a bunch of squirrels got in through the cat flap and tore my living room apart. FML" It's a F My life because something negative has happened but it is also something negative that happened that you could in theory find laughable at a later point in time even if you are too ticked about your torn up couch to do so at that moment.

So the FML is you have to choose a new style and color for your house? Or your customer has to? Not like they are going to charge you for it again when you didn't receive the product and they confirmed it was sent elsewhere... and if it was discontinued, it might be a vote in your favor. It means that if you ever had to have a repair done, you wouldn't be able to match the exact item in the future. Pick a new option that will give you some time and flexibility.

BetterThanU 1

Sounds like a 'Muricuh problem. YDI