He certainly has a type

By tattooed - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - Ireland

Today, my boyfriend told me one of the main reasons he started dating me was because I have the same name as his ex, whose name he has tattooed on his back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 105
You deserved it 3 841

Top comments

dougierocks 13

and also conveniently solves the "calling you by the wrong name" problem..

Comments

With that logic he'll probably end up marrying his sister so there is no need to go through all that annoying paperwork to change her last name.

johnnie254 7

why the fcuk do people tattoo their lovers name on their back? shiiit no common sense!

Why do some people lash out with "small penis" comments when upset with the bf? How is looking childish and defensive going to improve your position in any way? If someone didn't say something for the sole purpose of hurting you, striking out makes you look a fool and an uncreative fool at that. Just sayin... OP, unless he's only with you until a different girl with the same name comes along, you've no real complaint. It's just as shallow as any other reason a person is first attracted to another.

Nice recyled a girlfriend to avoid getting a cover up done and he saved money...dude got a plan.

evasweetcouture 0

vDisagree ! If your BF has a tatoo same name and everything and he tells you that that's his EX name too then, it's best if she dumps him. Knowing now that she's probably thinking that he still has something for her .#

wwerulez14 6

Anyone else find this funny, being that it's from Dublin? By reading that, I'm picturing OP's boyfriend and his ex drunkenly stumbling into a tattoo parlor and getting matching tattoos of each other's names. Then after a break-up, he realizes it's going to be expensive and painful to remove, so he finds a girl with the same name. And it turns out she isn't bad, so he keeps her along, and gets comfortable enough to share this story with her... Makes sense, does it not?

wwerulez14 6

It does. And I wasn't saying it out of ignorance, I was saying it for the sake of humor. I'm not allowed to have a little fun every once in a while?

evasweetcouture 0

Tattoos are reverse time machines: with time travel you can send a warning back to your younger self, with tattoos you send a mistake forward to your older self.