Happy for you

By Anonymous - 30/10/2015 13:27 - United Kingdom - Tranent

Today, I was invited to my friend's wedding. I wouldn't mind, but she chose her now fiancé over me, despite him being in prison for assault, a heroin addict and a general dick. This was all because I accidentally called her stupid three years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 936
You deserved it 3 745

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sh4ll0truth88 8

Sounds like she really is stupid then. Just dance with the hottest bridesmaid!

Comments

sh4ll0truth88 8

I know everyone is siding with op, but what if it goes beyond op calling her stupid. Either way, op needs to move on

#28 thats a good point, there is three sides to every story: your side, their side, and the truth.

Why does she have to have a reason? Why isn't she not being interested in op a good enough reason?

Over time she'll realize what she's marrying. Give it time OP, this isn't going to last

That doesn't mean she'll jump into OP's arms. She's about to be married. Find someone who'll choose you over a dickish junkie.

I know but she'll eventually realize she made a mistake marrying this guy

And what matters is OP cares about her well being, I think that's respectful in a guy

FieldLeftBlank 20

Actually, the post gives no indication of that, #34.

We have the word of an obviously jealous sulking op on how this guy is. He sounds like a classic "nice guy" which means anyone the person they like are with are obvious complete douchebags with no good qualities.

Sounds like she really is stupid then. Just dance with the hottest bridesmaid!

Good idea #3! Haha heck yeah. But OP it's her loss.

Then have sex with her. The bridesmaid, not your friend.

If that was all it took, you might be better off amigo.

You're still hung up on her? It is time to move on. Sounds like you want to skip this wedding.

damn I'm so sorry but I'm sure she will realise the mistake she made. OP

even if she realises it, she's not worth it. Every couple has to know how to forget eachother, of thats not the case, she wasn't meant for you or she just didn't love you and made up that excuse to leave you. No worries OP, you'll find someone better, you deserve it. (sorry for my bad english)

Hopefully by now he is over all of that stuff and you can all be happy for each other! ...Or use the invitation as toilet paper. Both are good options!

Maybe she just wants to show that she has truly embraced the name you called her.

Don't forget to bring a metal detector to the wedding to check the cake for files, needles, and brass knuckles.

I'm amazed by those who seem to know what's best for the OP's friend, how long her marriage will last, and how intelligent she is from less than 300 characters. As long has he isn't a dick to /her/, and she loves him, why won't it work out? People battle addiction all the time, and assault can be morally justified. As for him being a dick, is the OP really a reliable evaluator of his love's choice in men? Unrequited love sucks no matter what. Her fiancé doesn't sound great, but it doesn't sound like he belittles her intelligence either.

I totally agree with you. To me it sounded like OP was a little conceited and had a little "Nice guy syndrome". He called her stupid, "accidentally" - whatever that means - and actually called the guy her crush is in love with a "general dick". That says a lot more to me than being in prison or an addict...

Agreed. I won't vouch for the fiancé: Drug addict, prison, and "general dick" doesn't sound all that good. BUT it's being said by the guy who was rejected, so you never know what's being left out. Anyways, I highly doubt she rejected him simply because he "accidentally" called her stupid. There were probably many other issues: lack of attraction, him belittling her and her choices, and maybe the fiance is a dick but OP is no gentleman prince either, etc... If he's blaming her current marriage on himself calling her stupid three years ago, chances are he's got other flaws he is just being blind to. In any case, hopefully OP is just being a little bitter and his friend's marriage will be just fine. And once he gets over her, he may one day find his own love :)