Freaked out

By notmycircus - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Cincinnati

Today, the school counselor asked me to leave the grief counseling group I've being go to after the death of my sister. Apparently, I scare the others. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 324
You deserved it 2 718

Top comments

The counselor isnt the brightest of people....also sorry for your loss

Comments

Maybe it's just me, but the only way I see this playing out is your classmates are scared you might hurt yourself in your grief. I imagine (and hope) the counselor then asked you to leave the group and come back for one-on-one sessions so you get the attention you need and deserve, but you were so offended that you "scare" the others that you left that out of your submission. The FML doesn't really make sense as it reads. As someone who has had multiple classmates pass in the time we were in school and since, I can't imagine a group of kids being this heartless. In the face of tragedy people rally together, not isolate. Either way, I'm sorry for your loss. This is just my read on the situation from experience.

I can imagine kids being that heartless. Kids are dumb. But the counselor is supposed to be a trained professional who can handle situations correctly

Sorry for your loss OP. Curious about what it was you said for the counselor to think that though

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister. If they are treating you like that with out even realizing that you are probably one of the ones who is taking it the hardest, then you wouldn't want to talk to them anyways! Go eat ice cream and talk to someone really close who won't kick you out if you need help. Just don't talk to that rude lady who did kick you out.

I don't think she can go back, whether she wants to or not.

School counselor's typically tend to be very unsympathetic and not helpful at all. Don't take it to heart. Make try to get into some real therapy to talk about your loss.

nika_rose_ 5

I'm sorry to hear that...and your 'counselor' was an idiot.

quarterbird 18

My condolences to you and your family. ?

I am so sorry for your loss. That counselor should lose her license and job. You are a good person and don't let mean people get you down!