Drop them right now

By Anonymous - 08/11/2018 12:00

Today, my husband came home from the hospital after having 6 gangrenous toes amputated because he hasn't been treating his diabetes properly. Not half an hour after he got home, I caught him sneaking sweets from a hiding place in his toolbox. He's already lost the bag with his medication in it. Again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 549
You deserved it 330

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sounds more like an F his life, since not only did he lose 6 toes, but seems to have no self control when it comes to taking care of himself.

"Don't blame me. They needed to be used by the expiration date, and you don't like them, so I was hardly going to let them go to waste. And I'm pretty sure my meds are somewhere between here and the hospital. They'll turn up, eventually."

Comments

"Don't blame me. They needed to be used by the expiration date, and you don't like them, so I was hardly going to let them go to waste. And I'm pretty sure my meds are somewhere between here and the hospital. They'll turn up, eventually."

Addiction sucks, for all involved. I hope he finds the strength to change.

That sounds more like an F his life, since not only did he lose 6 toes, but seems to have no self control when it comes to taking care of himself.

From her FML it kinda sounds like he deserves it though...

If you’re in a non-shite marriage, an FML for one spouse is an FML for the other.

ViviMage 38

FHL. He doesn't seem aware of or care about the consequences. If I lost that many toes I'd reconsider my life choices here.

I hate to say it, but if he keeps this up, he's probably going to lose a foot next.

It's obvious you care about him a lot, OP Have a serious talk and tell him how it's affecting you and his health Talk to him about getting help he clearly needs

He’s just celebrating with candy that he has four toes left...for now.

I would recommend you to go to YouTube and search for Jason fung or Dr berg and watch some videos about intermittent fasting. It might help your husband.

Or it might help not or even endanger his life. Not all patients with diabetes mellitus (especially those with type 1 and/or treated with insulin) will benefit from (intermittent) fasting. Fasting in such patients can lead to hypoglycemia (low level of blood sugar/glucose) , which can even kill the patient.

Leave, before you're stuck with paying for his permanent hospitalization

Wow, does he not care about his health at all? FYL indeed, and he kind of deserves it since you said he doesn't treat his diabetes properly. And obviously he's doing it on purpose if he's eating sweets from a secret hiding stash and loses his medicine.