Devious

By James - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, we got our yearbooks for school. I opened to my profile to see that they misspelled my first name which is James. They wrote Lames. FML
I agree, your life sucks 164 347
You deserved it 13 330

Top comments

ambrosia21 0

The yearbook editors are supposed to triple check the names to prevent that kind of stuff. sorry you were the subject of their carelessness/incompetence.

toxxiclove 0

if you have a sucky life you could convice people you're the new exchange student. hello. my name is lames. pronounces lah-mez. oh lala.

Comments

loopy_fml 0

well the L is Close to the J on a keyboard. haha lames.

versammlung 0
bioclock 0

#33 A lot of yearbooks come out early. I got mine in late March, early April, despite the fact that school didn't end for about another month. Then when the next semester started, they would have yearbook supplements, with extra photos and pages from stuff like prom and other activities that the previous yearbook didn't cover.

lol so fake.... idiot if u believe this. i would understand if it was hames or kames because there both beside each other but L is not very close to the J.

Haha. That just made me laugh out loud. At least you stick out in the yearbook. :)

Arn't they supposed to double check? wow your yearbook staff SUCKS.

tb14 0

maybe because your a ****** ?

I work on my schools yearbook/news staff and depending on the amount of people it's hard too keep up with things, (we have 9 people for a news paper every week and about 200 yearbook pages to complete before the school year is over on STRICT deadlines) it get's hectic and some kids refuse to gives us any sort of help when being interviewed/ questioned, don't like pictures being taken and teachers give us hell when we pull people out of class. Not to mention funding to worry about and what-not... There are bound to be some errors in every yearbook considering all this, people aren't perfect. Anyway, to the OP just talk to them, aware the adviser of the class so it doesn't happen to someone else next year. Sorry about that mistake, it kinda sucks. FYL ALSO... #52 - I wouldn't say yearbooks are pointless, their not just to be signed and thrown out.. they're to look at 40 years from now and remember what things were like, and who's who and how you were then. We were sitting there on a short period one day looking at old year books from the 70's and 80's in the staff closet and the way they made yearbooks back then you couldn't fix anything, there was no undo so they got away with a lot of stuff. We were looking at and talking about teachers and how easy going and cool the school was then... the pep-rallies were so much cooler too (Punk VS. Prep day) ... also the class favorites had "Biggest flirt" which was obviously taken out because it basically said '*****' Either way, it is fun, not completely pointless.