Desperate times, desperate measures

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my family made a fake boyfriend for me on Facebook, since it's been so long since I had one. I accepted the relationship request to try and trick people into thinking I actually had a boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 041
You deserved it 29 971

Top comments

puppypuncher 5

Says the guy posing shirtless.

Comments

Being single is awesome, you can flirt with EVERYONE

Even with yourself. At the end of the day, you can always say you came home with somebody!

So who are you trying to impress now? You have to have a fake relationship on facebook for what? Its just sad that you're even going this far to impress people like that. How is having a relationship impressive over facebook? All you have to do is change your status to "in a relationship" and don't even have to list who... and boom you're good to go. Sad.

LunaDragon 10

Yes, yes it is. < Forever Alone. >.

Everyone thinks they have to be in a relationship. But really they don't. And according to everyone being single is horrible.

My last relationship was last year. Im ok with not being in a relationship, I dont need a guy to be happy :)

I enjoy being single. Was in a long term relationship that was no bueno. Took time off to pursue my interests and a new career - single for a year and it's been an amazing year. People need to learn to be happy with themselves before they can be happy in a relationship. Obviously OP isn't.

Sweet family, but they're doing it the wrong way. They're suppose to make a real one for you. All you need are some extra body parts, a sewing needle, and some electricity.

silentblack 0

Wow. Makes u wonder who else doing the same thing. I'm questioning all my fb friends that I don't know has a significant other