You chose, you lose

By Momtobe2007 - 24/05/2023 22:00

Today, my parents told me that since I'm old enough to want to keep my baby, I have 30 days to find a place to live. I'm 15. FML
I agree, your life sucks 648
You deserved it 1 379

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's illegal in most countries, sorry your parents are treating you like that 😞

Comments

That's illegal in most countries, sorry your parents are treating you like that 😞

This is a very emotionally loaded topic so I will just state the facts: … (1) Always use an effective means of birth control every singe time you have sex (the withdrawal method is not effective), BC pills, condom, IUD, contraceptive cream… (2) Raising a child is a lifetime commitment and is definitely not easy. It’s even worse if you are too young to have a good job and if you don’t have a partner. It’s not just the first month after the birth, you are signing up to - it’s the 18 years (or longer) after that… (3) Your parents can make it very unpleasant for to live there, but they cannot generally throw you out of your home if you aren’t 18 yet. Obviously they are trying to influence your decision. They probably feel they are doing this for your ultimate benefit. But as I said this is a highly emotionally loaded situation and set of decisions you have to make… (4) Pregnancy hormones are real and they do influence your feelings and decisions. It’s your body’s way of preparing you for being a mother… OP, in our current culture being a mother at the age of 15 is usually a slow moving and long lasting disaster. Long ago it was not that uncommon, but that was then and this is now. People will try to force you to do what they think is right and use strongly emotional statements to get you to do that. So be prepared to carefully think things through for yourself. That’s not going to be easy. OP, you have my sympathy - I would hate to think of my own daughter or granddaughter in your situation… PS: By the way, I am well aware that it’s a bit too late for OP to have retroactively used birth control. But it’s not too late for the readers to be reminded of that before they are in OP’s situation. And by the way, it’s wise if you are a female to use birth control that you yourself have control over such as BC pills or an IUD because there are some males who will intentionally slip off a condom during the act (called “stealthing”). Some “accidents” are not really accidental. Not most males of course, but there are a few…

Hi. Do you see all the people who voted 'YDI'? Be prepared for both you and your baby to face that sort of judgement for the rest of your lives. You have to ask yourself: Is this really the best thing for my child? Also, yes, legally you can stay. However, if you do the situation at home will become extremely toxic. Are you really prepared for that?

garamo 4

Even your child won’t be proud of you when he grows up! YDI

Vesi 29

OK a few things here.. Chazzter, that's just closing the barn door after the horse got out. OP never stated if she was using protection. I would hope she was but not going to assume either way. OP, I got knocked up at 16 (and I *was* using protection but it's never 100%). I was already 15.8 weeks before we found out or I would have ended that pregnancy. What you are about to go through is going to be rough on you. I suggest you talk to family and see if anyone in your family can help you. Since it is not noted what country you live in, I have no idea what the laws are like but if you live in the US, they cannot just kick you out like that. Please do some research online and see what kind of help you can get where you are. Talk to your school councilor and see what other support can be offered that is not easily found online. Having a child as a teenager is not a guarantee to a ruined life, but it won't be easy. The best of luck to you. I truly hope you find the help you need.

You are in no way in hell old enough to try to raise a child responsibly. I get it. you think that your all grown and can do this, but you have yet begun to to live and have fun. the teenage years are all about having fun, exploring, and getting to know the world around you. having a child is a chain that you cannot unlock. I'm not saying that kids are not not a special gift. im just saying that you need to explore life a heck of a lot more before you receive that gift and are truly ready. don't be a statistic on welfare. "i got kids Jerry, he needs to step up and be a man and take care of his family" .... (Jerry Springer)... sorry for laying it out like that, but If you don't have a trust fund, then......... you know..

Illegal eviction of a minor and premeditated child abandonment; call CPS. Try to stay with other family more understanding than your parents and get counselling to help you decide on next steps. I am so sorry you're going through all this.

I do want to let you know that I am adopted and I have extreme appreciation for my birthmother who saw it wasn’t in my best interest to keep me so young… I truly hope things turn out the way you wish. Stay strong.