Cold feet

By whyamidoingit - 23/07/2022 18:00

Today, it's three days until I get married, and I can’t help but be nervous. Why? I wish I knew. I’m not scared of commitment, I’m happy to spend my life with him, so why the sudden panic? FML
I agree, your life sucks 698
You deserved it 167

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's perfectly normal. almost everyone feels that way.

Are you nervous about the wedding or being married or both? If it’s the marriage talk to him and maybe a therapist, this is normal. If it is the wedding this is normal. Open communication is essential in any relationship. Explain if you can and say you don’t know if you don’t know. Just be honest. Getting married, it’s a big deal, so it’s natural for your body to get freaked out.

Comments

That's perfectly normal. almost everyone feels that way.

It's a big change in your life. It's normal to get nervous over it.

intuition is unexplained but should always be relied on

jitters about a huge life change is normal. deep breaths and maybe a conversation with your soon to be husband about your jitters as well. I'm sure you'll find you may both be feeling this on different levels. especially when all of this is finally coming together after all the planning. enjoy your day and don't sweat the bullshit!

justwanttobesocial...butalsonot 9

Social pressure of it being such a huge event - "the most important day" type of stuff. If you're happy, try maintaining focus on that and try shifting your perspective to it being a party rather than a ceremony. Best of luck! Also - don't forget to eat and hydrate leading up to it and the day of :)

Are you nervous about the wedding or being married or both? If it’s the marriage talk to him and maybe a therapist, this is normal. If it is the wedding this is normal. Open communication is essential in any relationship. Explain if you can and say you don’t know if you don’t know. Just be honest. Getting married, it’s a big deal, so it’s natural for your body to get freaked out.