Boundaries

By Anonymous - 24/09/2023 16:00

Today, as I'm 7 months pregnant and craving sweets, I helped myself to my MIL's birthday cake a little early. The family got so angry, they actually made me leave the party. My husband agreed with them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 139
You deserved it 2 536

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Taking part of someone else's birthday cake before they're ready for it to be served is not ok. "I'm pregnant and craving sweets" isn't a valid excuse - in that case, you either bring sweets with you, ask someone at the party if there's anything sweet you can snack on or go out to get yourself something.

That's pretty ****** up on your part. You couldn't find anything else sweet to get you through the cake ceremony?

Comments

BrizBurry 9

all smart procreating humans bring their own snackies. every pregnant lady will have snacks in their purse to take responsibility for their own body craving.

Yeah, that's not an excuse. I get having a sweet tooth, but have some self-control. That wasn't your cake and it wasn't time to eat it yet. This is the behavior of a spoiled child, not a full grown woman carrying one.

You aren't entitled to someone else's cake, and the cake is often the main celebratory event of the occasion, meaning you basically ruined one of the main events of that party because "I had a craving and decided to help myself to a piece." I'm not surprised the family, husband included, made you leave after that.

illbethejudge 2

using pregnancy cravings/hormones/etc as an excuse to be entitled, and then being shocked when your actions have consequences. who would have thought?!