Boundaries please!

By mary - 08/06/2018 05:00

Today, my boyfriend threatened to break up with me because I still close the door when I go to the bathroom. He pees and poops with the door wide open and expects me to do the same. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 814
You deserved it 419

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If anything, you should be threatening to break up with him, not the other way around.

Tell him that’s fine. You’ll keep the door closed and if that’s a dealbreaker for him, he can go. This isn’t the kind of thing you should be expected to compromise on. It doesn’t affect him at all. And what’s next if you do give in?

Comments

Does he think you have another guy in there? That every time you go to the bathroom you're actually meeting someone for a hookup?

Velan Prabhakaran 9

He's immatured, just get rid of him

Remind him that girls also have periods, and maintenance that periods require, which is often taken care of at the same time as other bathroom ablutions. If he still wants the view, he's crazy and you should break up. If he freaks out, he's a crazy hypocrite and you should also break up.

Control freak! Red flag! Run away! What else is he going to get mad about? That he's not allowed to read your diary or eavesdrop on your conversations?

If your boyfriend really thinks THIS is a deal breaker, he really needs to work on his communication skills.

My parents have been married for 40 years and still close the bathroom door. My husband and I have been married almost three years and we also close the door. Your boyfriend's argument is invalid.

WeirdUS 29

Yeah he thinks you are chatting with someone on your phone while in the bathroom. Get out of it, I dated someone and while I was in the bathroom my phone didn't lock and oppened the skype app. She heard the noise and accused me of cheating. Get out while you can.