Better out than in

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, some wannabe molester actually used the "Do you know who my dad is?!" line on me as I threw him out of a club. Turns out his dad is my boss's brother. I'm now searching for a new job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 845
You deserved it 2 048

Top comments

jazmin3012 28

You may be out of a job, but you saved someone from a traumatic experience. Keep your head up OP, good things will come your way.

No way you could have known OP. I wish you the best of luck finding a job

Comments

BstMode 14

You did the right thing op, me and my crew get this crap so much when we are bouncing it's not even funny ( perks of bouncing in a rich area...) doesn't matter who they are, if there are doing shit like that toss em out, I'd rather know I might have prevented some woman from getting date raped than having a random weekend job

harleyivy 7

I would say Sue either your boss or the asshole. he fired you just because you kicked out his molester nephew. that's pathetic of him and is just wrong.

Badkarma4u 17

That's actually pretty unprofessional on their part. They should learn to discipline their children instead of firing everyone who disagrees with them.

Badkarma4u 17

He most likely accused OP of being overly zelous in performing his duties and throwing him out for no reason, being on a power trip, or being unprofessional. So its his word against OPs.

olpally 32

Tough luck op, I'd fight that firing because that's clearly discrimination and favoritism. If not, move on.

Badkarma4u 17

How would you fight the loss of a bouncer job? Go to the HR department of the bar?

I know it doesn't mean much considering you are out of a job, but THANK YOU. No one should have to be traumatized just because the club owner wants to look the other way. You can let the police know that there was an incident with the owner's nephew molesting people at that club, and that there are no charges being filed (presumably). That way, if someone comes forward with claims of molestation/rape/whatever against him in the future, and the owner says that he and his staff saw nothing, the police will have some record of this type of behavior. It won't get him arrested, and it won't get your job back, but it may help one of his future victims.

That's bullshit. I'd ******* sue for all they are worth.

Badkarma4u 17

How do you really think that would play out in court. Do you think OP would be able to. bring in performance reviews. Do you think that his boss woukd have to look very hard to find a line of people to say OP threw them out for no reason. Do you think that OP coukd keep a lawyer after his bosses lawyer buried him in testimonies and sworn statement from witnesses? Do you see OP going thousands of dollars in debt over a night and weekend job?.

I know this didn't pan out for you, but please don't change. Thank you

You deserve better, OP, and that job clearly was not the best for you if that's how you're treated. Good things will come your way, I just know it

Karma, OP. You did something good, the world had something good in store for you in return.