Assumptions

By Anonymous - 25/09/2009 12:54 - United States

Today, I received an envelope from Verizon. I assumed it was my bill. I opened it and saw a Visa credit card offer so I quickly snapped it in half to prevent identity theft. Only after playing with the pieces for 10 minutes did I realize that it was the $100 rebate for my new phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 231
You deserved it 62 895

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What exactly was your thought process? I'm thinking either: "QUICK! Somebody could come into my house, rip the credit card offer out of my hands, run out and go redeem it in my name! I better snap it in half (because that's completely irreparable and would foil the thief) before reading it!" Or: "QUICK! I've opened the envelope so now spy satellites can see it through the window! I better snap it in half (so they can't see it anymore because spy satellites don't actually record anything they see) before reading it!"

Comments

Seriously, how are there people out there as stupid as yourself. Learn to read stuff first before you start cutting things up.

graciedacie 0

SO? How is this an FML?? You can still use the number to buy things online at the very least. Wow. Get over it.

rttr 18

Why would a cell phone company try to get you signed up for a credit card in the first place? Uh, DUH!!! You don't deserve that $100 anyways. Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to have money.

CJ090 0

Oh on the contrair my friend idiots w/ money stimulate the economy

lem0n_fml 0

It's either "on the contrary" or "Au contraire." You can't mix the two. In french, au contraire is essentially the english equivalent "I beg to differ." So you just said "Oh on the I beg to differ." Sorry. Pet peeve of mine, I hate when people misuse/jumble up a turn of phrase.

vinc08_fml 0

lol @ #24 i know the feeling...although i do it all the time, but i try not to

@24: I lol'd, that's a huge pet peeve of mine too haha

except not really, since the "au" wasn't there and... oh nevermind. just know your comment would have worked better without your translation at the end.

lem0n_fml 0

Actually my translation makes perfect sense, the actual phrase is "AU contraire," and that was what I was pointing out to him, that he wrote "on the" instead of "au." The point was that he got the saying wrong, and I was educating him on what the actual phrase is. :)

CJ090 0

I agree overpriced phone service that is worse in quality u must be an idiot 2 have Verizon and ur idiocy shows in this FML

habesjn 0

There is a simple fix to this problem. you can still make out the numbers right? go to https://www.myecount.com/register/card/display.do?oprequestid= There you can enter your number and security code (the numbers on the back) and you can deposit the money into your bank account. Or if you think I'm trying to scam you, which you prolly do considering you snapped a card in half the second you saw it, just go to verizonwireless.com and enter like "rebate deposit" in the search bar and follow the links. So stop freaking out. Don't be so damn weird and get a grip.

ilLeopardo 0

YDI, and it's really not that bad, you can still use it for online purchases if you just type in the numbers.

SEPHARAD 0

Just call them and say you accidentally put the card in the dryer when u did the wash.

Today, after accidentally snapping my phone's rebate card in half, I called Verizon and told them I dropped the card in the washing machine. They then called me an idiot and pointed out the obvious fact that credit cards are water-proof. FML

wearinsexypants 0

seriously put the pieces back together, read the number, and use it to buy stuff online. problem solved.