A liar AND a cheapskate

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Fort Myers

Today, I was at K-Mart and saw an exact copy of my engagement ring for twenty bucks. The same one that had supposedly been in my fiancé's family for generations, and worth thousands. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 253
You deserved it 3 143

Top comments

You never know, your engagement ring might actually be really special, and this might just be a cheap knockoff. Give your fiancé the benefit of the doubt

Wizardo 33

I don't get why such value is placed upon an object like that. A wedding ring is understandable, but expectations of expensive jewellery for an engagement are a bit outdated now.

Comments

sabian4life 8

Even if it fake, it could be the family didnt trust him and gave him the cheap ring.

The real concern here is that you shop at Kmart.

I'm thinking it's a cheap knockoff OP!!! However, if not, and it is the actual ring, welcome to my love life!! My ex was the same exact way...

zeffra13 31

With your wording, I feel you care more about the expense than the lie. Hopefully I'm wrong, and hopefully you didn't pressure your fiancé into feeling the need to lie.

you deserve it for being a greedy, materialistic, shallow gold digger. you're supposed to marry a man because you enjoy his company, not because he buys you with an expensive piece of trash. you are everything that's wrong with the world, shame on you.

Relax, OP. One of my friends once found her dream prom dress for $20 after having seen the exact same dress for $200 at another store. So it's entirely possible that your ring is still genuine, and Kmart just happens to be selling a look-alike for cheap.

KillyCapone 8

U totally deserved it! Bitch u always get that shit appraised!!!!! Like really?!?!?!?! Even a ****** birthday present or I was thinking of u present if it looks real u get it appraised!!!!! Damn!

Most people aren't that suspicious of their gifts. You sound like you have trust issues.

Why the high expectations get over yourself