This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By "Boyufd" - 07/02/2019 16:00

Today, a girl and I matched on Tinder. She had only one picture and she didn't say anything about her, so I messaged her "hi" so I can start a conversation. She unmatched with me a few hours later. This is the second time it happened in less than a month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 313
You deserved it 289

Top comments

Winter_95 11

Its really not that serious, but also come ip with a better opener then “hi” or “hey”

manb91uk 22

Do what I do... Laugh about it and move on. Online dating is a funny, ridiculous world anyway!

Comments

Of course, that’s a very lame opening move. Next time, start with a line from a Shakespeare sonnet accompanied by a dick pic. Good luck!

Winter_95 11

Its really not that serious, but also come ip with a better opener then “hi” or “hey”

manb91uk 22

Do what I do... Laugh about it and move on. Online dating is a funny, ridiculous world anyway!

Kangarue 4

Odds are it was a fake account and tinder took down the profile. It looks the exact same as if they unmatched with you.

tounces7 27

This is an FML? That's like, extremely commonplace. They aren't looking for conversations, they just want to feel good about getting so many matches even when they lack a personality.

Is this how you approach women in real life? You walk up and say "hi" and nothing else, and just stand there hoping she'll take it from there?

kricket5 19

Huh? It’s unacceptable to say “hi” to someone?

tounces7 27

Yes, when you say hi to someone, you expect them to "take it from there" by saying "Hello" back.

Imagine that you are approached by several different people whom you more or less find attractive. One says, "Hi. What do you think of the band? I usually prefer jazz to techno, but these guys are good." Another says, "Hey, do you come here a lot? I think I've seen you here before." The third says, "Hi," nothing else, and then stands there like a fencepost. Which one is mostly likely to command your attention -- the one talking about a real topic, the one who at least managed something to say, or the one waiting for you to do all the work of conversation? Doing this online is actually worse, because he had all the time in the world to compose the message before sending.

Don't take it so bad, it's online dating If you're serious in looking maybe give the other person a bit more to work with ( just 'hi' is a bit bland) Chuck in a full sentence so it catches attention

WeirdUS 29

I know wasn’t much to go on but anything would’ve been better just hi. Something about the picture if she was at a party or dinner event or something or maybe commenting on a cool shirt she was wearing or if her hair was dyed you like the color and that you hope to chat sometime, you hope her day is going well, ask how her holidays were, How her week was something.

Join the club, my friend. Unfortunately online dating is mostly people looking for a quickie, looking to scam, or people who aren’t interested in the long haul. Good luck and I hope things get better!

VeryBadLuck8441 1

Tinder is for sex and sex only. Don't beat youself up. Vanity fades.