You what now?

By Acesup111 - 02/03/2011 05:24 - United States

Today, I informed my grandparents of my upcoming graduation from college. My grandma looked at me with tears in her eyes, and told me how proud she was that I was able to make it so far in spite of being autistic. I am not, nor have I ever been autistic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 157
You deserved it 3 466

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ariasmake_1 0

your grandma rules! how awkward are you that your grandma thinks you're autistic ?

maybe that's just her way of telling you you're her special little boy ;)

Comments

I have autism but don't know till middle school. There's nothing wrong with it though..you're special!

Your parents lied to them. They needed an excuse for you! lol

4Lonely2Stoner0 0

nor ever have been? I think someones autistic!!!

Autistic does not mean stupid, jackass!

I fail to see how this is a FML besides at least she acknowledged your efforts

m0nk11 0

The first sign is always denial.

blitz426 0

what do u mean nor have I ever been? u can just lose autism?

As #40 said: Maybe they said artistic, but the OP heard autistic, which indicates the OP may have a hearing problem. So yeh, FYL for being deaf, artistic and autistic.

Mokiikom_fml 8

Dude, who would say that they're proud someone "managed to accomplish something despite being artistic"?! Your comment makes no sense whatsoever.

I understood it. I think they meant that being artistically-inclined doesn't require a college education, as being an artist doesn't normally require formal qualifications. Whereas, if you want a professional or technical career, you will require more education. His/ her grandparents are proud that even though they are 'artistic', they are still completing their education. Does it make more sense now?

Mokiikom_fml 8

Sometimes, grandparents are ass*oles. They just assume things they totally pull out of their a**, and even though no one else is saying anything like this, they just think it "must be a cover up" or that people are "embarrassed and won't say the 'truth'", and just assume more and more. Meddlesome old people, usually.