By Anonymous - 10/02/2017 22:27 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, while working as a truck driver, I decided to enjoy my lunch break in a park. Within minutes, I was shat on by a bird. On my way back to my table after cleaning myself off I saw birds swooping down to my bag and stealing the rest of my lunch. I have no food left and didn't bring my debit card. Only 14 hours of driving to go. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 377
You deserved it 1 884

vaderfc tells us more.

OP here. first some bits i had to cut out for lack of room. i had just been dropped off at my truck as id stayed at a relatives house the night before so it was midday just before starting a return shift at truck rest stop and the "didnt bring my debit card" was entirely my fault as i hadnt checked in my rush to leave as id been running late id already got quite far when id realised id left it behind, also a sunday afternoon so no banks open to get a replacement card....turned out a happy ending though as i remembered i had hidden an emergency 20 in a compartment of said truck. Lesson learned i have a emergency kit with a credit card and cash just incase of attack of the birds has a sequel.

Top comments

Aww, that stinks. Unfortunately I have to say YDI because on a 14 hour trip you only took $10-$20? with u. What if u had an emergency? Like this? At least bring some extra cash next time if u don't want to bring a card with u.

you should always have meal replacement bars in your vehicle. what if you get stuck somewheres or forget your lunch or have no where to stop and your starving. always best to be prepared.

Comments

Adam5879 1

A complete FYL, unlucky op everyone has those days

14 hours to go? Why are you taking lunch before going on duty?

nobody said he hadn't started, my stepdad is a trucker and some jobs take 3 or more days, and they can only drive a certain amount of hours per day this is Canada tho so

Yes. I am a truck driver. You can be ' on duty' for 14 hours, with a mandatory break after 8 1/2 hours. Only 11 of those hours are you allowed to drive. After 14 hours you must go 'off duty' for at least 10 hours - which is not considered a lunch break.

Aww, that stinks. Unfortunately I have to say YDI because on a 14 hour trip you only took $10-$20? with u. What if u had an emergency? Like this? At least bring some extra cash next time if u don't want to bring a card with u.

I mean... it was definitely poor planning on his part, but I wouldn't say that means he deserves to be screwed over by birds.

What if the company only allows a certain amount of money to be carried by the driver to deter crime. I've been told it's a common rule

you should always have meal replacement bars in your vehicle. what if you get stuck somewheres or forget your lunch or have no where to stop and your starving. always best to be prepared.

you should always have meal replacement bars in your vehicle. what if you get stuck somewheres or forget your lunch or have no where to stop and your starving. always best to be prepared.

Entirely your fault for not bringing your card.

FYL. Who knows if OP brought money. For all we know, (s)he did, but there was a reason they used it all

It was all an elaborate setup by the initial bomber bird. First, knowing how fastidious some people are he gets you to abandon your food momentarily by ******** on you and then the other birds, who were watching from the nearby trees, swoop into action. The original bird was probably in that group enjoying your lunch and having a good laugh at your expense.

lilchica22001 22

If you can draw....you should turn this into a cartoon and send it to Pixar or Cartoon Network. Would be a hilarious cartoon skit.

14 hours to go ? Pretty sure bro thats a whole shift for you lot ay