Work it

By fatty - 07/09/2019 20:00

Today, after a full year of vigorous exercise 7 days a week, and a strict diet of vegetables, fruits, and water, I can proudly say that I've lost half a pound. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 713
You deserved it 351

Same thing different taste

Top comments

vigorous exercise? what kind? depending on what you were doing, weights for instance, versus aerobics and calisthenics, you could have lost body fat and gained muscle mass. since the latter is about 2x the density of the former, you would lose overall size, but not necessarily weight. The phenomenon is also possible with the aerobics and calisthenics, but not as likely.

I had this exact same issue a while back. It turned out I have an autoimmune disorder that gives me hypothyroidism. I would say go to your doctor and get checked out.

Comments

You know carrot cake, candy corn, jelly beans and circus peanuts don't really count as vegetables?

Although progress is progress, the amount of calories eaten and the muscle mass gained are big factors. You may be eating healthy but *too* many calories in. And you may have gained a lot of muscle. Download MyFitnessPal, it really helps keep track of calories and you can track how many pounds you want to lose a week, maintain, or gain. It also helps track your workouts, water intake, calories burned, etc.

Wadlaen 23

Sounds exhausting! Some years ago I lost somewhere between 40 and 50 pounds in just five weeks... So, if it's weight-loss you want, I can really recommend some weeks in a coma!

Drai Gray 8

concentrate on aerobic/calisthenics (especially running), do that & just make sure you are burning more calories than your intake

I'd get a physical to check my hormones.

TxKitten79 10

I bet you've lost inches and gained muscle. This is why health is so much more than the number on the scale.

probably due to muscle mass replacing body fat

Trinity Fenwick 7

you know that muscle weighs more than fat. bet you look really good.

Then it probably wasn’t vigorous exercise 😂😂