Whoops

By mmv - 18/09/2009 00:02 - United States

Today, I took my car into the shop to get a minor problem fixed. I left several hours later, without my car. Why? The mechanic crashed it while out on a test drive to make sure he'd fixed the problem. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 095
You deserved it 2 151

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bright side: You get to buy a new car with all the money they will need to give you for your old one. I think by "crashed", you mean had sex with a hooker and killed her, then drove over a cliff, jumping out just in time, to dispose of the evidence.

This would be a good time to demand a loaner until they repair all the damage (for free of course).

Comments

I've noticed that mechanics always seem to drive the car much harder than needed whilst "testing." I got my car aligned the other day, and the mechanic told me he would test it out by driving around the parking lot. What he didn't tell me is he would floor it in first gear, shoot blindly around corners, and jab hard on the brakes when necessary. Other than the alignment, I think my car came out worse than it went in.

Exilis 0

This happened to my dad last year. His car needed fixed a bit, and he brought it to the repair shop. He walked across the street to buy some things, and when he was walking back, he noticed a car crash. He didn't pay too much attention to it, until he realized that one of the cars involved was his car. Quite a hard "test run", eh?

ArthursLifeSucks 2

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it IS broke. LOL For the record, mechanics will test your car under more aggressive driving than you might otherwise perform so they can find problems that might be waiting to happen, such as brakes that are about to fail.

Customer service - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

You should have stuck with David Puddy! It doesn't matter that he stole your "move!"

They owe you a new car or one like yours with same milage.

Oh wow, I'd KILL to have that happen to my car! Can you please provide the shop's address, phone number and the name of the guy who wrecked your car? I'll buy the man dinner if he totals it for me lol

My mechanic has never test driven one of my vehicles, not even for a major problem, and I've been with them for a long time. That's very odd to me that he would. I hope he pays for the damages or replaces your car.

This same thing happened to my friend! He took his '95 Taurus in for routine work, they took it out for a test drive, spun out and hit a telephone pole. The car was about 40% thinner around the B pillar region when the shop was done with it lol I don't remember what was wrong with the car in the first place, but I don't think it warranted a test drive.