Weird flex, but OK

By Anonymous - 09/09/2022 17:00 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, as I'm traditional, this that means I learned the bride's parents pay for wedding, the groom's parents pay for the honeymoon. My in-laws didn't pay for a honeymoon. Fine - they disappointed me, I'll disappoint them with no grandchildren. No honeymoon, no grandchildren. FML
I agree, your life sucks 354
You deserved it 2 773

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is the epitome of pure toxic pettiness and spite. Really, that's enough said. No one should be bothered telling your greedy selfish ass to grow up but rather we should feel bad for your spouse. If you're willing to go to pathetic lengths of spite, imagine what your spouse is in for if he forget something on the grocery list. Poor dude.

I hope the real reason is that you and your husband don't want children. If you do, this is the silliest, stupidest vendetta you are carrying on.

Comments

This is the epitome of pure toxic pettiness and spite. Really, that's enough said. No one should be bothered telling your greedy selfish ass to grow up but rather we should feel bad for your spouse. If you're willing to go to pathetic lengths of spite, imagine what your spouse is in for if he forget something on the grocery list. Poor dude.

I hope the real reason is that you and your husband don't want children. If you do, this is the silliest, stupidest vendetta you are carrying on.

Doom_Kitty 12

This. Also: the discussion about having children or not should happen long before the marriage.

Couples should make the decision to have or not have children based only on if they both want them and if they are prepared to raise them. That decision should have almost nothing to do with the wishes of the grandparents and certainly nothing to do with a petty vendetta. Frankly I feel sorry for the new husband - Bride is unbelievable petty and seems to consider marriage as just a time to get free gifts, a vacation, and have a big party. That does not say a lot for the future of this marriage.

vg 4

I think this is a good idea. If you gonna decide you don't gonna have children solely based on the fact that your in-laws didn't payed for your honeymoon, I would say not having children is probably for the best.

you are a poisonous, petty bitch. it's 2022, not everyone goes the traditional route. they may not have even had the money to pay. get a job and help pay for your own wedding. I feel for your husband, he married very poorly and you will humiliate him and make him unhappy. he's the head of your house now. isn't it traditional for you to be submissive too? or are you only traditional when it suits you?

I support not having kids if you don't want kids but using it as a weapon is not okay. I have NEVER heard of the rooms parents paying for the honeymoon. Either way, you may push your husband away too if you suddenly decide you don't want kids because of this petty dumb reason.

I do not think you are mature enough to get married.