Unwarranted bitchiness

By lois2lane - 23/12/2009 07:15 - United States

Today, a car was tailgating and honking at me while trying to pass me, so I decided to be a bitch back and go extremely slow. We got to a two lane road and the car passed me up. The man in the front seat flipped me off while pointing to his wife in the back seat who was clearly in labor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 012
You deserved it 68 175

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kelkat09 0

that's your fault. you should never do that anyways.

Disagreed. How the hell was the OP supposed to know there was a woman giving LABOR in the backseat? Honestly, would you have pulled over, because I sure wouldn't have. 99.9% of the time, the tailgater is just being an asshole and just *can't stand* going the speed limit. This is one of the rare [and I mean RARE] times that they had a legitimate reason for being an ass. The OP was not a terrible person for going slower, just human. If you're going to say that, shouldn't you also say that the driver was a terrible person because he really did jeopardize the woman and her baby by taking his eyes off the rode and twisting around to point in the backseat? Besides, honestly the driver should've passed earlier if he was on his way to the hospital, instead of trying to tailgate the person. It takes literally one second to do so.

Comments

muboshgu 0

I don't blame you. You had no way of knowing that the driver wasn't just being a ****.

Thirded. I once had a driver do that to me. When he illegally passed me, he stopped right in front of me, trying to incite me, until a cop came. Got dragged out of his car and arrested for DUI. Took me an extra hour to get 4 miles home, but it was worth it to see that. That's usually the type of person who does that. And if the driver is so inconsiderate he has to flip the bird, I feel bad for his kid.

that_guy321 2

Fourthed (?) Is everyone just supposed to assume that whenever someone taigates you, they've got someone in labor in their back seat? I mean really people, how many of you would ACTUALLY move over and let them pass. Especially since they didn't inhibit the person passing once they could, the person did not deserve it at all.

5thed(?) Here's the 1 time out of 100 that someone was being a jackass on the road with a legitimate reason. Not your fault.

sixthed! (yes i know its not a word) because i'm sure everyone on this thread is a perfect driver who wouldn't react angrily if he/she were being tailgated and honked at.

mrilake 0

Seventhed. The people here blaming you are completely clueless. You did nothing wrong. I live in the Greater Boston area, which is full of tailgating impatient assholes, who are just so very, very important that they have no problem causing traffic accidents and fatalities because God forbid they shouldn't be first on the highway. If someone was tailgating and honking, I'd assume it was just another asshole who couldn't bear to actually suffer driving the speed limit. 999,999 times out of 1 million that's exactly what it would be; the one out of a millionth driver might actually have an emergency. That being said, this guy was an asshole anyhow. If his wife was in LABOR, he should have CALLED AN AMBULANCE. He shouldn't have risked her life and the baby's by driving like a prick, because he saw that on TV and thought that's what he was supposed to do.

CyclonePsycho 1

Whatever she probably had another 8 hours of labour ahead of her.

OnTheSaneSide 0

If this was someone saying "This guy in front of me was driving slow so I honked. He drove even slower. FML." It would be ALLLL you deserve its. 99% of the time, this is the type of person who is honking, and if he deserves it, then you can't say that this guy is a bitch and deserves to die. Its circumstance... its not like he intentionally was like "haha lets let this bitch have her kid in the car."

youthink_fml 0

You know who's fault this is? It's the drivers that drive like that day after day, riding your ass, expecting you to move for them because they don't want to leave early enough to get where they're going. It's the fault of the drivers that don't know how to keep a safe distance between them and the car in front of them. Tailgating and honking just sounds like an asshole. They should at have had their 4-ways blinking. Or better yet, call a damn ambulance if they have that far to go in heavy traffic. And by the comments left on this page, I'd bet most of these people are assholes that tailgate everyone and expect them to move so they can get by.

This. I'm so sick of people driving dangerously so they can cut 5 minutes from their commute. It's always fun when you catch up to people like that at traffic lights. If anything, it kills your gas mileage too. Everyone is so freaked out over swine flu and when women should have mammograms and what not, but once they get behind the wheel all caution is thrown to the wind. Car accidents are one of the leading causes of death too, and if people drove safer (and sober) it could save lives. I agree the driver should have had their hazards on, or maybe flash high beams while NOT tailgating, or maybe called for a police escort if the baby was coming really soon. The driver can't expect others to be mind readers that it's an emergency.

2bobbybowdens 0

I reckong you're partly right. But since the dumb drivers are the reason most drivers have to be agressive. They technichally are responsible for all the deaths.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
hillcr222 0

It isn't your fault at all. People should call the ambulance and go to the hospital in that. Yes, it is more expensive, but that ensures that something like *this* doesn't happen. People will move out of the way for ambulances.

Based on a comment like that, I'm sure it is safe to assume that you do not have children. A person .. namely, a pregnant woman going into labor, would NOT wait for an ambulance. It's not about price, it's about time. You can't wait 15 minutes for an ambulance to show up to drive you to the hospital when you could be spending that 15 minutes getting yourself there.

risforrrrcuhh 0

If someone went into labor the natural way they generally don't call an ambulance. It's not that kind of emergency. If it's a regular pregnancy labor generally takes long enough to get to the hospital. I've never once heard of someone calling an ambulance to have a kid unless it was high risk or something else that made it more of an emergency.

You act like driving yourself to the hospital with a woman going through labor in the back seat is dangerous. Based on the situation and urgency that goes with it - YES, the douche should have moved out of the way instead of SLOWING DOWN like an ass face. Even more appropriately, he should have continued going the speed limit like every other driver on the road. Going too slow warrants a ticket as well you know, because it too can be considered dangerous.

iwannafuckyaman 0

Yet, tailgating, distracting other drivers and driving like an idiot are not dangerous, right? PS Slowing down, does not mean he was going an unsafe speed.

Having been a paramedic, I can tell you we hate it when a woman pops out her kid in the rig. Cleaning up the mess is a nightmare and takes us out of commission for a long time. Honestly, the only time a woman in labor should REALLY be calling for an ambulance is when there is absolutely no one else available to take them, really bad weather conditions, traumatic complications, or prior knowledge of possible complication that needs to be monitored enroute. Anything else is pretty much a waste of our time and takes away resources from EMS And contrary to popular belief, we are not allowed to drive really fast. When you're driving something as top heavy as an ambulance speeding is quite possibly one of the worst things you can do. The only thing we can do is put on the sirens and hope people give us right of way. At best we can go maybe 5-8 mph over the speed limit. Any more than that and it registers on the onboard computer and we get our asses handed to us by our supervisors.

@jason346 jason346 said: "Having been a paramedic, I can tell you we hate it when a woman pops out her kid in the rig. Cleaning up the mess is a nightmare and takes us out of commission for a long time. Honestly, the only time a woman in labor should REALLY be calling for an ambulance is when there is absolutely no one else available to take them, really bad weather conditions, traumatic complications, or prior knowledge of possible complication that needs to be monitored enroute. Anything else is pretty much a waste of our time and takes away resources from EMS" 1) You sound like a sexist asshole. ( I can tell you we hate it when a woman pops out her kid in the rig/Anything else is pretty much a waste of our time and takes away resources from EMS) 2) I'm glad you're not a paramedic anymore.

yes, because cleaning up the mess which can 'take you out of commission' > a woman giving birth what an ignorant fool.

Um...meaning it takes the ambulance out of commission and unable to respond to real life or death emergencies for the duration that it's out of commission, especially since most people do just fine being driven normally to the hospital for that kind of thing. Also, he even mentioned that they'd be more than willing to help if the woman is actually suffering birth complications. Way to be idiots.

must say iv had this done to me a lot... especially on one particular road, (when I stay at the speed limit) n not once has there been some kind of emergency. whoever said it's the fault of the assholes who always drive like that, is correct. I hate those people. especially trucks.... wen they know their brakes r much worse then ours. I hate some drivers.

So what's wrong with letting him pass anyway?! Would it hurt your pride that much?! You know that there are some people in the world that have a good reason to drive fast. YDI you bitch!

I'd actually say you kind of deserve it. When someone is tailgating you and honking you shouldn't slow down, you should just keep driving the way you are. Slowing down only creates extremely dangerous situations since people don't expect extremely slow drivers on normal roads. Though it does kinda suck that the guys wife was in labor, but it's not like you could know that.