Unwarranted bitchiness

By lois2lane - 23/12/2009 07:15 - United States

Today, a car was tailgating and honking at me while trying to pass me, so I decided to be a bitch back and go extremely slow. We got to a two lane road and the car passed me up. The man in the front seat flipped me off while pointing to his wife in the back seat who was clearly in labor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 012
You deserved it 68 176

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kelkat09 0

that's your fault. you should never do that anyways.

Disagreed. How the hell was the OP supposed to know there was a woman giving LABOR in the backseat? Honestly, would you have pulled over, because I sure wouldn't have. 99.9% of the time, the tailgater is just being an asshole and just *can't stand* going the speed limit. This is one of the rare [and I mean RARE] times that they had a legitimate reason for being an ass. The OP was not a terrible person for going slower, just human. If you're going to say that, shouldn't you also say that the driver was a terrible person because he really did jeopardize the woman and her baby by taking his eyes off the rode and twisting around to point in the backseat? Besides, honestly the driver should've passed earlier if he was on his way to the hospital, instead of trying to tailgate the person. It takes literally one second to do so.

Comments

You're a ****** retard! You're asking for an accident when trying to piss off another driver.

If you are really in that much of a hurry and its an emergency, that is what the 4 way flashers are for. If he didn't have them on, then hes a dumbass and there is no way of knowing that he had a woman in labor vs. him just being an ass.

He's a dick for tailgating you and your an ass for taking it. F-everyone's life for being jerks. Imagine if you had to stop suddenly, his wife would have more serious issues to deal with then just being on labor.. I hate tailgaters.

Hermyoni 0

You should of just kept going the speed limit. Most women when they start going into labor have plenty of time to make it to the hospital. If they waited til the baby started crowning to leave then it's there fault but they still should obey the speed limit. I would of just continued driving at the speed limit and prob flicked them off for tailgating/being obnoxious once they passed.

#67, You're an idiot. Not all women are in labor for hours on end before having their child. Some have very short, hard labors and have very little time to get to the hospital. You're assuming that she was at home playing cards or something and then went "oh shit, this baby is crowning". Thats a pretty moronic assumption. You clearly have never had kids because you have no idea what you're talking about. *eye roll*

ssnickel 0

Normally I'd say YDI for anything related to being a jerk while driving, but I would've done the exact same thing. If I was doing the speed limit or above and someone was tailgating and honking, I would've thought they were a douchebag and made sure not to let them have their way. It's not like labor is a medical emergency in most cases. If his wife was having a heart attack or missing a limb, I might feel like an asshole for doing that, but not if she was just having a baby.

You didn't do anything wrong, he shouldn't have been tailgating you. Serves him and his wife right for not leaving early enough or having the sense to call an ambulance if they were running out of time. Why should it be ok for him to drive dangerously & threateningly just because his wife's pregnant? F the kid's life for being stuck with idiots like that for the next 18 years.

whoever said speeding is legal in an emergency is wrong. it may be excusable, but it's still against the law. I pulled over a guy who claimed his wife was in labor, and her water hadn't even broken yet. I issued him a citation and he was found guilty in court. the baby wasn't born til like a week after I pulled them over (the judge asked the man what's the baby's birthday).

cygnusx1991 0

I'm with 70 he couldve just gone around you if he was truly concerned instead of just honking and tailing you making it seem like he's just being a prick, and they shouldve taken proper precautions for the wife in that stage of pregnancy so they didn't have to rush there in the back of his car. these fools wishing violence on you are the truly terrible people

If he had his emergency flashers on then I could see his point but if he didn't how were you to know why he was tailgating you? Sometimes it is best just to pull over and let them by like someone said if you live in Texas you could die for being a bitch like that. Not worth it to me. Either they will shoot you or run over you. No kidding.

I would have done the exact same thing only while he was passing me giving me the finger I would have given him the finger right back. Just because his dumbass wife was having a kid does not give him the right to break the law. You did the right thing by making him slow down even if it was only for a little while.