By Anonymous - 02/05/2016 21:42 - United States - Danville

Today, working night shift at a nursing home, I can tell the difference between the smell of different people's urine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 826
You deserved it 941

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you're not okay with that, urine the wrong business.

Someone has to help them right? Look at the bright side, you get to take care of the elderly and ensure their safety!

Comments

You might be turning into a werewolf.

delfino1604 24

hmm have you been bitten by a wild large dog lately? or maybe it was passed down through your parents.. o_O

There are good jobs, bad jobs, jobs that suck, and then this. Don't get a job like this.

Yea... i agree that nobody should get a job like this.... to treat and help people's like you. .. that is bad thinking, my friend :)

Someone has to help them right? Look at the bright side, you get to take care of the elderly and ensure their safety!

If you're not okay with that, urine the wrong business.

It's not just the urine. not the OP here but I work in one as well. These people normally only shower a few times a week. 3 max. That's sweat as well and with the elderly female atleast as a male CNA sometimes they won't even let you clean the peri area. Honestly I can relate to what the OP is saying, I don't know their particular smells but we know who is going to or at least I do. You can smell it at the door way most of the time, it's not that we don't do our job it's that alot of times they get angry cause they no longer have their independence to do this themselves, so it can smell putrid , op is not in "The wrong business" needs to be reported to a nurse so someone can check for stuff like a UTI.

That's pretty impressive. I can only imagine how much they appreciate you doing your job as well as you do though! Unfortunately times of realization like that do make for a saddening moment. Huggg

That's not a bad talent to have. the quicker you get to the urine the better it is for everyone.

Hard work, dedication, and a superior sense of smell.

I'll bet you just hate it when they serve asparagus.

I'm an RN and I work the evening shift. I can always tell when they served corn for lunch!