By Anonymous - 28/08/2013 18:50 - United States - Bessemer

Today, while working at a client's house, I noticed that their sliding calendar was several months off. I fixed it. Later the daughter saw and started crying. Apparently the date was the last one her mother had set it to before she died. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 909
You deserved it 58 949

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why you don't touch people's things when you're working at their house. Def YDI!

Rddvl 11

YDI, although it was a good gesture, you shouldn't mess with stuff at other people's houses especially if it's a client's.

Comments

Maybe she (the daughter) will eventually look back and see it as a minor step in the grieving process, unfortunately we can't hold on to these things forever and change is always going to happen Chin up op

Don't touch other people's shit! Nosey people are the worst!

On one hand, I understand that you had good intentions, but at the same time you shouldn't really touch people's possessions like that. Whether you mean it or not, doing things like that might set a person off. Trust me I know that first hand ...

You shouldn't touch things that don't belong to you. I'm sure they're perfectly capable of setting the date on a sliding calendar. So you should presume it was that way for a reason. Not to mention this was a clients house not a relative of yours. What gull you have to adjust something that doesn't belong to you, you weren't asked to touch and belong to someone you have only a business relationship with. I hope you feel awful for being inconsiderate.

Isa_fml 20

The intention was good, but why would you touch someone else's stuff without permission?

OMG that must've been so awkward for you lol

Wow, OP is getting a ridiculous amount of backlash for something they had no way of knowing. Seriously, it was just a calendar. Maybe if people didn't react the way the majority of FML users are, we would be inclined to help others more often. Instead, everyone is getting on a bandwagon to crush this individual. This is like giving food to a starving homeless person, but instead of thanking you, they berate you because they're allergic to what you offered them. Good job, world. We are such an unadvanced civilization. You try and do some good and end up wishing you hadn't even bothered. Sure, I guess that makes sense.

#73: well, people share different experiences, so I suppose the people that are being harsh to OP are strict with having the common courtesy of not touching anything that doesn't belong to you, without permission. Obviously this was just a calendar, but it meant a lot to the client. I think this should just be a lesson to the OP to not touch anything without consent of the owner. Although I admire their generosity and thoughtfulness. Most people wouldn't care.

10showgirl 16

It's not the same as offering her food that she's allergic to. It's more like noticing that food was left unattended and throwing it in the garbage.

Changing the date on a calendar is not comparable to feeding someone who is starving. Though the OP may have had good intentions, impedes they were hired as a maid in this house, changing someone's calendar is invasive, busybody behavior. It's much more like going to the desk of a coworker who has I've of those tear-off day calendar things, and ripping a few pages to catch then up while they are away. No matter the intention, I'm sure they'd be pissed at the invasion of their space.

Hey 73 that's a ridiculous comparison. Its more like taking the one shoe the homeless person has because they don't have a matched set. Its invasive in a way that offers no help and to someone who didn't want the help to begin with. You're not being rational but emotional and in a silly, unfounded way at that. When help is not needed, requested nor warranted it ceases to be help. That's what OP's situation is, not someone truly in need of help and then questioning the manner the help was provided.

YDI. Unless the client and specifically asks you to come over and touch their stuff keep your paws off!

ducksaretheshit 17

Even though there is no way that you could have known, you still shouldn't have messed with it.

CharlizeWasHere 2

Wish you could press the YDI button twice.