By Samm Povich - 25/02/2012 05:36 - United States

Today, while working as a police dispatcher, I took a call for a motorcycle accident that occurred near my house. After obtaining all the essential information I realized the rider was my brother. He doesn't own a motorcycle, but I do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 931
You deserved it 2 535

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I see some family friction in the near future...

CaliGali 9

Hope he's ok OP things can be replaced but brothers can't.

Comments

At least he's alright and didn't kill himself.

Someone owes you an apology and maybe a new bike.

Does anyone realize that police dispatcher does not equal police officer? Most likely, OP is not sworn, and he'd need a permit to carry a taser or a gun. Get with the times, people.

TSN619 7

Thank you for pointing this out I was about to post this myself.

GoW_Chick 14

Well then OP should buy one and then use it, lots of people carry taser guns for protection. it really has nothing to do with "getting with times" just people making assumptions at a very early hour half awake, I myself included.

13, which is a serious flaw! So many idiots in my lobby... We aren't sworm peace officers, just sworn TCOs.

What did you eat for breakfast? Crabby patties? Yeesh! They were obviously joking.

I was gonna say the same thing. I'm a cop and when I relay stories of our dispatchers to civilians they say the same things. They don't get that just because the person works for the police doesn't mean they get all the tools like us sworn officers.

From one biker to another, sorry to hear that OP - hope your brother isn't injured.. And then you can kick his ass later!

If I didn't know better, I'd say this was written by my neighbor. The rider took out another neighbor's porch.

HannahWho 8

How does one take a porch for a ride without, you know, taking the rest of the house? Did you mean Porsh?

HannahWho 8

Oh, shit. I read it as someone borrowed their Porsh. But they crashed into the porch, ****. Discard my dumbass comment above, I got off the late shift. Damn... with what?

Is the FML for your bike or your brother?

Meraklez1013 9

I would say both but mostly the brother... Or the bike The world may never know!

You realise you didn't really answer the question, right?

74- She did. It just didn't make any sense

I'd be pissed but I would be more worried about my brothers safety rather than my motorcycles.

b0ngs 7

Obviously people are not reading this, or they wouldn't tell dispatch to taze your own brother. Hope he's good. Hope the bikes ok. As a LEO, I say find some guys to just beat the hell out of him… assuming he's ok. I'd be more than just pissy I'd be straight ****** irate…

jerseyboy732 16

in my county dispatchers have the option of taking fire arms training and getting issued an off duty glock. and as for the taser I got one of those and I'm not a leo I'm a firefighter