By fuckel4 - 01/07/2016 20:12 - United States - El Dorado

Today, while updating my résumé, I noticed that in my list of achievements it said "Torturing middle school students". I meant "tutoring", but I guess this explains why I'm still unemployed a year after I started looking for a job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 519
You deserved it 5 290

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BlockOfRedStone 25

Well, those two words are practically synonyms, so I don't think it would have made much of a difference.

You should ALWAYS proofread your resumé, at least twice.

Comments

Sorry OP, but if you can't bother to proofread your resume properly then you kinda deserved it..

Well...Spell check IS important...especially on an resume...

“A” is used before words starting in consonant sounds and “an” is used before words starting with vowel sounds. Spelling is just as important as grammar :)

Spell check isn't going to help here since both are valid and correctly spelt words.

spelt isn't a word. well it is, but not how you used it

Spellcheck won't catch if you put in the wrong word. If you write "torturing" when you mean "tutoring" or put in a possessive pronoun when there should be a contraction, that's still a word. This is why you should proofread, proofread again, and maybe have a friend you trust go over it.

I guess the concept of proofreading is too complicated for some people.

You really should go watch "The The Impotence of Proofreading" video on YouTube. Because if you let your computer correct all the misspelt words for you, you made a foolish move with (I'm quote the poem from that video here) "clit of the mouth". You should be checking all your work BEFORE you send it in. Haven't you learned anything from even English classes over the years in you high school career? If not for all those college courses?

I'm assuming you're a teacher - you should know to proofread! Hope you have some luck now that you've edited your CV.

that'd just hysterical. I can't stop laughing. I clicked both. because ydi you should have checked. buy also fyl because you're still unemployed.

If I were reading this I'd probably guess that either A: Was an unfortunate typo like in this FML or B: That this must a troll because I don't believe someone who actually tortures children would put that on their resume.

Axel5238 29

Always double check your papers and resumes. Auto correct as you found out will correct words, but unless you do a spelling and grammar check the word it picks may not fit. Even if you do a spelling and grammar check re-read it just to make sure. Try reading it out loud to see if it sounds right.