By fml - 13/11/2013 17:30 - United Kingdom - Haslemere

Today, while shopping for clothes, I asked the assistant to recommend something for me. She took me to the maternity section. Thanks, but I'm not pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 269
You deserved it 7 762

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hmm. Free and honest advice comes in all forms. Perhaps this is a sign? ;p Either way, I imagine that didn't make you feel good about yourself. Sorry Op.

jessonice88 14

Next time, do your own shopping. ;P

Comments

Everyone has a different body shape. Don't be offended OP!

ninjuh_wingman 29

This is why you go shopping with friends.

....So that they can tell you that you look good in that moo-moo because they don't want to hurt your feelings? ;p May not be the best plan.

perdix 29

I hope you are female. I mean, that would be bad enough, but if you were a dude ... Yikes!

#14 Tell me again, how a guy gets pregnant?

perdix 29

#24, didn't mean to confuse you, young man. A man cannot become pregnant, but if store staff thinks he looks like a pregnant lady, accidental insults from strangers are probably the least of his problems.

#24, although a male cannot become pregnant, they have a small undeveloped uterus within the groin area. If they were to have evolved farther, they would be able to reproduce like females can.

There is only one time it is appropriate to comment on a woman's pregnancy: when you can see the baby's head

scottyspot 11

That is harsh. I bet you never go back there!

Well, the SA was pretty stupid to take you to the maternity section... You never assume a woman is pregnant. She should have asked you your size and taken you to the appropriate department.

jasmine2301 25

Atleast she was trying to be nice? haha.

just be thankful she didn't take you to the men's clothes

She probably felt embarrassed when she realised her mistake. You might have been wearing a baggy top or she might of misheard you.