By halfie - 26/09/2015 05:06 - United States - Pigeon Forge

Today, while on my first ever date, I ordered a really hot curry, hoping to impress my date. "Yeah," I said smoothly, "not everyone can handle spicy food." When I took a bite, my eyes watered, my mouth burned, and I had to plead for water in between moaning like a dying baboon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 516
You deserved it 33 445

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I didn't know being able to eat spicy food was something that can be considered impresive.

MonkeeArtz 11

YDI. Don't bite off more than you can chew just to impress someone.

Comments

...moaning like a dying baboon...not sure what that sounds like can you demonstrate?

God forbid you be yourself on a date ydi.

pleasedie 22

It only took reading the first sentence to decide YDI

Starlight1029 18

I really hope you didn't actually drink water. That would just make it worse. Milk is the way to go

Yes milk would be better but water doesn't make it worse

Plain bread cuts the heat pretty well. Why we have crackers and rolls with our gumbo back home.

No, small town in Beauregard parish, close to Lake Charles in the southwest.

I ask because I'm from New Orleans. Good stuff.

...since when do girls really care if you like spicy foods? And why would you try to impress her with that? That's so stupid YDI

countryb_cth 38

I honestly can not figure out why he thought that it would be impressive. I myself can't handle spicy food so if a date did that then the goodnight kiss would go out the window.

Aaaaaaaand yet another FML that makes me click YDI as soon as I see "Hoping to impress" or another sentence of the like.

Rookie mistake followed by an amateur choice for beverage. Water can't alleviate spicy food, only milk or yogurt... But let me tell you something, the only way for this to have been worth it is if you made her laugh... I'm not talking giggle, I'm saying laugh out loud... If that experience provided comedy I guess you're not out of the game yet...

outfielder55 17

Ah don't worry. I was driving my first date to dinner and she goes, "Wow this is a really nice truck" and so I said, "Well watch this" and stomped my pedal to the floor and lost traction and spun off the road. Luckily nobody was hurt (and my truck was fine).

You know who isn't impressed by eating spicy food? Women. Also curry gives you super horrible breath and farts, even if you were man enough to handle it, so even if it'd worked, you would've failed to seal the deal. Next time you do this to yourself, plain white rice, sugar, milk, or yogurt *actually* help calm down your weak-ass white person tongue and not make it worse, like water does.

The lesson here is keep it simple and be your self.