By stadams1024 - 11/09/2012 20:41 - United States - Keego Harbor

Today, while I was leaving the grocery store, I realized my ignition key was missing from my pocket. After searching the car and retracing my steps, I walked all the way home. Later, when we went to retrieve the car, the key was sitting in plain sight on the passenger seat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 602
You deserved it 22 919

stadams1024 tells us more.

I am the OP. Let me explain the situation more in depth since I only had 300 characters to do so before. My husband had lost his car keys, so I gave him my set and I took the spare lock key and the spare ignition key. I needed to get some groceries and he was at work, so I just went. Before I got out of the car to go inside, I put the keys in my sweatshirt pocket and got out. I got my groceries and came back out to the car, and yes it was in the same spot. I reached in my pocket to pull out my keys and only the lock key was there. I unlocked the car and immediately searched both the front seats, under the seats, in the cracks between the seats and even the back seat. I looked under the car and in the ignition too. I retraced my steps in the store three times and then checked my car again. I asked the service desk if anyone turned in a loose key, but no one had. I called my husband but he couldn't leave to pick me up, so I walked 4 miles home. The walk itself wouldn't have been so horrible had I not broken my foot a few months ago; it still bothers me, and there weren't any sidewalks half the way, so I kept twisting my ankle in holes in the ground. After my husband came home from work, he took me back to the store with his keys and I drove home. It wasn't until a week or so later that I actually found the key in the passenger seat, close to where the back of the cushion and the seat of the cushion met. There is no way I could have missed it when I searched for it and I had driven it a handful of times between the incident and when I found it. It literally appeared out of thin air and it still baffles me.

Top comments

In my opinion that is a win win situation, good workout and you also found your keys.

Comments

littlemsweirdo 12

SWAG? Really? Better prepare yourself for a buried comment!

Its even more annoying when someone yells "SWAG!!!!"

Someone's car wasn't stolen! That's so worthy of describing it as swag. You just made the word even more stupid. Goof.

20 - I hope you're ready for a torrential thumbs downpour.

olpally 32

It's just as bad as yelling "YOLO!" oops, what have I done!?!?!?!?! *thumbs down* ****!

Along the lines of what 46 said- you ruined a valid point with swag. Oh well, at least youve got all that swag to protect you from the down votes!

desireev 17

Let me know when "Swag" rises you up above all of the thumbs-down.

46. Using goof is just as bad. Goof describes a pedophile

You know your argument's done for when a member of the FML team steps in. Shit just got real.

perdix 29

Blame the poltergeist. It probably put your keys on the seat after hiding it from you until you left. It was probably punishing your for driving to a store when you could have walked, you sloth!

007type 26

Wow. Now I noticed it too. Ingition? Dafaq?

If you are a female, you're preventing yourself from needing to lift a roll to be entered so it isn't a total loss.

You tried, so I'll give a thumbs up for that.

consider yourself lucky,someone almost got a free car.

What is it about keys? Everyone seems to loose them.

Yea there's been a lot of car key shit happening on FML lately, don't you think?

They must have been playing hide and seek too. But apparently they gave up...