By brooke - 21/03/2012 17:12 - United States - Kissimmee

Today, while driving home from school, I noticed one of our hot quarterbacks in the car behind me. Trying to impress him, I pulled into the driveway of an expensive-looking house. To my horror, he pulled in behind me and asked what I was doing at his house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 181
You deserved it 69 442

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI, why make a guy judge you from where you live than who you really are. Hope you had a good excuse for pulling up to his place.

Comments

Wow ydi, if you think that having to impress someone by where you live makes a difference. The house would belong to the parents, not you, it doesn't show anything about YOU...

KiddNYC1O 20

For all you know, the people in this anecdote may be well-off college students living on their own.

Valid point, but it just read as someone in high school to me. IMHO people usually stop trying to be what they are not and find out who they really are by the time they have their own house.

while that may be true, we live in a world with incredibly shallow people. in fact, we ALL have a shallow side... I think a big house would impress most people

I don't think we ALL have a shallow side.. I think it's mostly people who have been raised in circumstances where a "shallow side" is normal that actually have a "shallow side"

This is why you shouldn't try and be someone you're not in order to impress someone you buffoon.

alliewillie 22

Thumbs up for the use of "buffoon" =)

WhoaItsKiernan 4

what happens when OP doesn't have a gps or the gps isn't installed? Then they'll look worse.

The_Troller 14

Smartphones typically have GPS-ish apps.

MargieDrury 1

To get to her house? A gps. Hm.

@#91 she could say she was going to a friends house...

"I wanted to let you know you're headlight was busted" What? No its not. *smashes headlight* haha jk you could say you are there to spread the word of God? Believable

How many damned FMLs are we going to see that contain the phrase "trying to impress him/her"? ALWAYS an instant "You're an idiot". I petition for the creation of a "You're an idiot!" button.

^ While it would be more fun to push a "Your an idiot" button, "you deserve it" pretty much says exactly that, as only an idiot would do most anything ydi can cover. ;P Yes I know you know that. Just restating the obvious I guess. ;P

Doc, I will gladly sign your petition. Why can't these people just learn that trying to impress someone or trying to look cool will never work? :(

tannarox 0

Just redefine YDI - "YOU DAMN IDIOT"

bethanael 13

At least you learned a lesson about trying to be someone you're not.

Well what did we learn op? Ydi be yourself.

ripresno 10

But wouldn't the guy look to see which tire was flat and would then notice that no tire was flat. That would only make the situation much more awkward.

That's when you kiss him and before he realizes what happened, you run to the car and drive as fast as you can.

That's when you kiss him and before he even realizes what happened, hop in your car and drive as fast as possible.

I'm still trying to figure out how the op expected this guy to know who she was in her car..

wat a stupid bitch. i had the same exact thought as well.

kristidgranger 3

Should have played it off and said oh wrong house then. My friend so and so lives around here. I'll have to call her and see exactly where it is. Easy enough. Besides that would be dumb to impress like that. What if he ever really wanted to go to your house and then you would have to tell him u lied!