By I'mMike - 01/08/2015 20:19 - United States - Sebastian

Today, while at work, I mustered up the courage to talk to a cute girl. I asked her name, to which I replied with mine and that it was nice to meet her. She followed up with a dirty look and the fact she hates anyone with my name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 319
You deserved it 2 023

arano tells us more.

Hey guys, OP here. Just wanted to clarify a couple of things: My name is "Mike," hence the name I used. I didn't call her any names or say anything witty back. I was honestly too dumbfounded by her saying that to me to think of anything, so I just walked away. Your comments are ******* hilarious though. They made me feel much better about the situation. Also I don't wear a name tag so when I introduced myself I couldn't really take it back. I like my name though, so she can shove it. (:

Top comments

you could've covered it and said it was your middle name you've always gone by, then you can come up with a really sick new name for yourself. like Sergio. I think shrek is the real winner though.

Comments

dodged a bullet op. she doesn't sound like a good person.

WHTrunner 4

Quote that bit about a rose by any other name that Shakespeare wrote, and game her ass.

Should have said Michael. Like Mike-aye-el. Sounds like a saint.

What a ray of sunshine she must be. Very open minded!

Sorry to hear OP. Maybe she had an ex with your name? But yeah, she isn't worth your time

TheNiceOne 20

Probably from the "Hump day!" commercial. Mike mike mike mike mike.

It is supposed to be a joke, i had it used in me once haha

No worries. This apparent self-centered bitch will be a large ass tub of lard in 20 years.

Hey guys, OP here. Just wanted to clarify a couple of things: My name is "Mike," hence the name I used. I didn't call her any names or say anything witty back. I was honestly too dumbfounded by her saying that to me to think of anything, so I just walked away. Your comments are ******* hilarious though. They made me feel much better about the situation. Also I don't wear a name tag so when I introduced myself I couldn't really take it back. I like my name though, so she can shove it. (:

Somewhat irrelevant, but I really love that after I read your comment and went I click to see your profile, in your bio it says "I'm Mike."

Don't worry Mike, I'm Mike too, most people can't handle the amount of awesome our name comes with.

Omg my teacher had a colleague called Mike hunt.... He preferred to call himself Michael...

Your comment is white and I can up or down vote it. I'm confused as to why this is happening.

My last name isn't any of the clever surnames you guys have suggested (although I might change it now.) Anyone with the name Mike is ok in my book. Everyone wants to be Like Mike 2. ?

dragoongirl90 34

Try to keep in mind that it's probably not for no reason- she probably dated someone named Mike who put her through hell. I married my best friend and he beat me and emotionally abused me constantly and now I can't stand even saying the name Andrew- it hurts just to write. When I was dating and I'd meet someone name with that name, I'd politely explain why and ask if I could give them a nickname instead, because there was no way I could ever use that name without being haunted. My simple request was met with douchebaggery and meanness, furthering my hate for that name.

I get what you mean, 95. I have a distaste for the name Stephanie, but the only way to get rid of the attachments you have to the name you hate is to associate better memories with it from a different person. Otherwise it will never change.

A07 48

I'm just wondering how you have a different username from the in the fml

My hated name is Jacob :( But I've gotten to the point where I can deal with acquaintances named Jacob, and possibly a friend, so it can be done!

100, you just edit your name when you submit the FML.

My hated name is Dominic, mainly because my ex-best friend turned on me in 6th grade. Whenever I meet someone named Dominic, I ask them if I can give them a separate name that I can call them by. Normally my request is fulfilled and all is well. :)

Adree 15

my hated name is Brianna. there was this girl who bullied me in elementary school and from then on I hated the name Brianna.

"Why should I change? He's the one who sucks!" - Not Mike

I can't believe I told them I like that fudge packer's music!