By sarahxHx - 14/07/2015 06:42 - United States - Laguna Niguel

Today, the guy I've been dating for 3 weeks showed up at my house at 7 AM. I was about to give him a kiss when he said, "Good morning, is Sarah here?" I was confused until I realized he didn't recognize me because I had no make up on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 039
You deserved it 11 719

sarahxHx tells us more.

sarahxHx 10

Hey it's OP. We stood there for a good 5 seconds until he realized it was actually me. He sincerely apologized and he said he hope it didn't offend me. He's a really nice guy and I'm happy to be dating him! :) We went hiking that morning. And for those saying I wear too much makeup on, I don't. I simply have super light eyebrows and eyelashes, and girls here would understand that doing your eyebrows and putting on black mascara makes a HUGE difference. For my face, I only wear a light coverage tinted moisturizer. You're all so quick to judge. SMH.

Top comments

Sounds like somebody uses WAY too much makeup, YDI

It's good for him that it was 3 weeks not months.

Comments

Way too go for being confident in your skin! (: And I as another light-haired girl totally understand that eye make up makes a huge difference!

Maybe you should learn from this and stop caking on the makeup. I feel bad for that guy because essentially you're lying to him about what you look like. You completely deserved it.

I may be weird but I've never been a fan of makeup. My wife doesn't wear it and neither does my daughter. They are comfortable with the way they look.

Not all girls wear makeup because they are insecure. I am confident with the way I look, but when I have time I wear makeup because I really enjoy doing it. I don't do it to change they way I look because I'm insecure, I do it because I think of it as art you wear. I'm an art major in college and want to pursue special effects makeup. Makeup is much more than what people typically think.

Apparently there are a few people who too obsessed with their looks and don't realize there are better qualities they could work on enhancing.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Op is blatantly single and depressed and added comments to fool herself not us. Hope you hadn't slept together or that is desperate and embarrassing

Megatron_Griffin 25

She is defending herself against the harsh comments. I would want to defend myself too. She can also have as many follow ups as she pleases. That was so uncalled for it actually has me a little pissed off. I agree with 105, I think you're the insecure one here..and with an attitude like that you're probably single..so why don't you step off your high horse and smell the shit you're shoveling. "Just saying, beach"

you're a dick. and probably never gotten any in your life. read the OP follow up

So after so many years of lurking on this site, I finally made an account to comment. Idk if OP reads this far, there are already a lot of comments, but whether or not it's a shame he didn't recognize you (it's not, 3 weeks in first time with makeup isn't a huge deal), I think it's worth pointing out that he was polite to you when he didn't think it was you. A great way to judge character is to see how they treat others and not just the person they're trying to date. Sounds like a keeper.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

It's only been three weeks... that's hardly any time at all. Perhaps they've, so far, only been on dates out and so OP has worn make up every time she's seen him.

We need a follow-up. Do you use too much makeup, or is he just an idiot?

I'm impressed, if it were me I'd be less worried about the whole make-up thing and more worried about dating a guy who calls round at 7am on a non-work day. I'm not a morning person.

Since when is it a crime to wear makeup?! I cannot believe the amount of hate OP's getting, especially from other made-up women. They've been dating for 3 weeks! They've probably only been out 2-3 times if they lead busy and full lives so it's not weird that he hadn't seen her without makeup yet.