By sarahxHx - 14/07/2015 06:42 - United States - Laguna Niguel

Today, the guy I've been dating for 3 weeks showed up at my house at 7 AM. I was about to give him a kiss when he said, "Good morning, is Sarah here?" I was confused until I realized he didn't recognize me because I had no make up on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 037
You deserved it 11 719

sarahxHx tells us more.

sarahxHx 10

Hey it's OP. We stood there for a good 5 seconds until he realized it was actually me. He sincerely apologized and he said he hope it didn't offend me. He's a really nice guy and I'm happy to be dating him! :) We went hiking that morning. And for those saying I wear too much makeup on, I don't. I simply have super light eyebrows and eyelashes, and girls here would understand that doing your eyebrows and putting on black mascara makes a HUGE difference. For my face, I only wear a light coverage tinted moisturizer. You're all so quick to judge. SMH.

Top comments

Sounds like somebody uses WAY too much makeup, YDI

It's good for him that it was 3 weeks not months.

Comments

Makeup is meant to enhance your features, not transform your face completely. Try wearing a bit less

all natural is the best in my opinion.

Why is everyone down voting #22? This is a great point... In fact a lot of guys prefer all natural.

Hahaha.... What guys think is "all natural" is what girls call "enhancement makeup" and that shit still takes at least 14 individual steps

Yes but most guys think that girls who wear natural looking makeup is all natural. That small amount can make a difference, I know it does for me.

Girls don't care what guys prefer when it comes to our makeup. We don't wear it for you.

expertsmilee 26

I would argue that to my grave.

Megatron_Griffin 25

No offence to girls who wear make-up..but I find it pointless. Girls say they use it to make them feel more confident, but if I get more compliments when I put on make up than I do without, I just feel like I have to change myself to get noticed. Plus I don't like washing my "confidence" off my face. To each their own but when people dont even recognize you without it..it might as well be a mask.

expertsmilee 26

The fact that people say they don't keep up outward appearances for other people's sake. You don't try to look good just for the sake of looking good, as looking good is a mindset that's been implanted into us by what society has stamped with its seal of approval. In short, if no else gave a damn what you looked like, you yourself wouldn't give a damn either.

"I don't dress up for boys, I dress up to stare at my reflection as I walk by store windows."

@83 I agree with most of what you said, except the bit about society driving people to look good for others. I believe we can attribute that behavior to biology moreso than society.

We all present a certain image of ourselves to the world, make-up is just an extension of that. Often people use makeup to display some aspect of their personality or cultural/social background, if you tell them not to you're shutting down a form of expression for them.

Funny how I always see a lot of men trying to tell girls why we where makeup. I don't wear it most of the time, but sometimes I get a random urge. It's fun to put on and a big confidence booster. Like buying a cute outfit and wearing it. Are you telling me I shouldn't buy cute outfits? No, but when it comes to makeup it's suddenly all for you. No. I couldn't care less what you think, especially when I'm in a relationship. You don't like me wearing makeup? That's your issue, not mine.

Damnit *wear. And before people jump on me, no I don't hate men. It's just something I've noticed that men seem to want to advise women on things they don't experience or most don't do. I'm sure women do the same to men(I've seen some women telling men to control their boners on here) but I can't really speak for that. The fact is, a lot of women try to explain that we like wearing makeup, it's fun to do, it gives a boost of confidence, ect. And then are told they are lying or wrong because we HAVE to be doing it for attention. Sorry, but no. Not everything is about you and what you like or dislike.

expertsmilee 26

So I'm just curious, are you saying that when you wear your makeup or cute dress that it is a big confidence boost...because of what someone else thinks of it? In this case I'd take a shot in the dark and say the one whom you're in a relationship with.

No, it's because /I/ think I look cute. It's a big self esteem boost when you think you look cute, it makes you happier and more confident. There's many girls who wear makeup even if they don't go out, including me. So who exactly would we be trying to impress or look good for other than ourselves?

#128, you're trying so hard to sound like some kind of pseudo-psychologist. Have you never tried something on and thought to yourself "wow I look great in this"? No one told you you did, you decided on your own you liked the way it made you look and feel, so it became something YOU enjoyed wearing. Not something someone else wanted you in. The same concept applies to girls and their makeup. We decide what we like on our own faces, whether we're all dolled up or just wearing chapstick. I can't believe you're arguing this subject with girls who wear makeup. Believe it or not, we know more about this than you do.

Ruskiy_Cherep 18

Im not sure how to feel about this one..

I hope he was kidding, that's messed up.

You should have played along and made a play for him with your new identity

Well if things progress he should get used to it

At least he didn't kiss you back when not recognizing you and thinking you were someone else..

you paint it on so thick your unrecognizable?

That's what u get... And that is why guys absolutely hate makeup