By sarahxHx - 14/07/2015 06:42 - United States - Laguna Niguel

Today, the guy I've been dating for 3 weeks showed up at my house at 7 AM. I was about to give him a kiss when he said, "Good morning, is Sarah here?" I was confused until I realized he didn't recognize me because I had no make up on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 039
You deserved it 11 719

sarahxHx tells us more.

sarahxHx 10

Hey it's OP. We stood there for a good 5 seconds until he realized it was actually me. He sincerely apologized and he said he hope it didn't offend me. He's a really nice guy and I'm happy to be dating him! :) We went hiking that morning. And for those saying I wear too much makeup on, I don't. I simply have super light eyebrows and eyelashes, and girls here would understand that doing your eyebrows and putting on black mascara makes a HUGE difference. For my face, I only wear a light coverage tinted moisturizer. You're all so quick to judge. SMH.

Top comments

Sounds like somebody uses WAY too much makeup, YDI

It's good for him that it was 3 weeks not months.

Comments

emi_alejandra 23

Wow! You might want to put a little bit less make up on.

sarahxHx 10

That's coming from you? I can hold my phone 2 feet away and I can still see your bright ass pink lipstick!

Lipstick is not the same as covering your face up with makeup, as you seem to do. There's no need to be such a bitch.

stop making false assumptions 2k15 stop policing others' decisions 2k15 stop getting mad because someone points out hypocrisy 2k15 stay in your lane 2k15

sarahxHx 10

I was not being a "bitch" and hell I don't "cover" my face with makeup. I was simply pointing out the reason why she can't tell me to "wear less makeup" when I probably wear less than what she wears so off you go~

Wow. You're taking this a little too seriously. You don't need to reply to every negative comment posted. You're really just making yourself look even more insecure by paying any attention to the trolls.

They aren't trolls, do you understand what that word means? There's a lot of people insulting her for an assumption they made. She has every right to be upset and comment. Even if she didn't have a good reason, it's HER FML.

Calm your ****. Like you said it's her FML, not yours. Rage much?

I have no idea why you think I'm raging, but okay?

ezrajab 22

This is why I don't wear makeup on a daily basis

sarahxHx 10

Hey it's OP. We stood there for a good 5 seconds until he realized it was actually me. He sincerely apologized and he said he hope it didn't offend me. He's a really nice guy and I'm happy to be dating him! :) We went hiking that morning. And for those saying I wear too much makeup on, I don't. I simply have super light eyebrows and eyelashes, and girls here would understand that doing your eyebrows and putting on black mascara makes a HUGE difference. For my face, I only wear a light coverage tinted moisturizer. You're all so quick to judge. SMH.

You don't need to get so defensive. We only assume because we rarely get the full story. In fact, I was on the "your boyfriend is an idiot" train.

How can she not get defensive when everyone assumes she wears too much? I would get defensive too.

I didn't think she was getting defensive, just explaining herself. I'm still on her side.

at least she came back to explain and provide a quick follow up

Megatron_Griffin 25

Eyebrows make a HUGE difference..so I could see the confusion at first glance. Glad to know though you were confident enough to let him see you without it. I've had friends who had been in a relationship for months and were still afraid to let their man see them. Anyways OP, hope you two last :)

#68 - Her other responses tell another story.

sarahxHx 10

My other responses are nothing but "Thank yous", a sarcasm, and a little explanation. Try to look at it with a different point of view. You can't expect me to not be a little bit mad (or should I say frustrated) when 80% of the comments here are policing me for "wearing too much make up".

You're responding to defend yourself, aren't you? Typically people who don't care about the way anonymous internet strangers see them just move on after seeing the comments because they're comfortable in their own skin. Hell, even I'm guilty of getting defensive on FML.

iglesia 11

Just chill. People forget that comments and stories are from actual people. Try not saying things you wouldn't actually say to someone's face.

That's why I looked at what you added before saying YDI :3

youre defending yourself too #80, why do you even bother commenting on here when youre always downvoted?

"Hell, even I'm guilty of getting defensive on FML." And I'm always downvoted? News to me, probably because it's false.

toouglytoselfie 6

Oh I understand what you're saying. Some of my cousins barely got eyebrows and eyelashes too. They look like aliens without makeup. They all had to learn how to do their eyebrow game on point.

I'm glad it is all ok. Tbh I really struggle with faces and sometimes don't recognise people I've known for years as I'm not sure if it is them or someone else who looks similar as I struggle to tell the difference between people. It could be a genetic thing he hasn't realised if that is something he struggles with in general.

OP, wear as much or as little make up as you want. Doesn't matter if you "cake" it on or don't wear any at all or something in between- it's your choice, your comfort, and your look. Really saddened to see so many negative and judgemental comments on here

Know that feel OP, I've got super light eyebrows as well. I once had an unfortunate eyepencil mishap that coloured my eyebrows (slightly) darker than they are of themselves and a coworker of my dad (who's known me since I was 2) stared straight passed me when I walked by at my dad's office. I'm glad the guy apologized though! Good sign that he likes you 'all natural' as wel as your 'day face'!

I was hoping this would have a followup to clarify :) Boyfriend may be bad with faces. I've sometimes not recognised friends due to minor changes, I mostly know people by their pets really.

Why do I feel like you got offended with her explanation.

I get the whole light eyebrows and lashes thing, but doing your brows and wearing mascara doesn't make you look like a whole other person

I know the feeling. I have to dye my eyebrows ( they're blond) to match my hair (naturally brown). The struggle is real

135: yes, yes it really does. Sometimes when I take off my mascara and wipe off my eyebrow powder, I scare the shit out of myself. In all seriousness though, it really does make you look different.

I'm not even a girl and I job id get defensive. Leave her alone she doesn't sound like a bad person so don't treat her like that.

FML is chock-full of judgmental (pre-)teens.

OP already wrote a comment explaining she wasn't wearing that much makeup: "I simply have super light eyebrows and eyelashes, and girls here would understand that doing your eyebrows and putting on black mascara makes a HUGE difference. For my face, I only wear a light coverage tinted moisturizer."

Plz photo before and after so that we can assess the situation