This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By in this day and age.... - 19/10/2023 16:25 - United States - Dallas

Today, the first words I heard from my "good, Christian" future mother-in-law included a salvo of curse words and a hushed rant about "them dirty Jews". I'm culturally Jewish. This bodes well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 182
You deserved it 1 824

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sure she would've really hit it off with her savior, a short, dark-skinned, culturally Jewish fellow named Jesus.

The thing I don't get about Christians hating Jews is that they don't realize their religion only exists because of a Jew.

Comments

the irony here is people on here are so against people being judgmental or non inclusive and yet based on what this one nameless women they have never met said all of sudden they won't go to Texas because if the post is from Texas all Christian in texas must be bigots judging a entire group of people off of one person is textbook prejudice..which yall wine about all the time. I guess being prejudice is only wrong if you are religious in some way, but if you remain unaffiliated it's ok? correct me if I am wrong.

One person said he wouldn't go to Texas. One. Again: one. And he's an idiot. The only other person to say anything about Texas was the guy who said "Yep, sounds like Texas". So, two people out of 34 so far, and yet here you are talking as if there's rampant anti-religious bigotry going on. Chill out, you nutjob.

tbf I don't think they are a nutjob, I think that comment is very reasonable (or would be if many people said they wouldn't go to Texas or blamed all Christians.). If that wasn't the case and people didn't say these things, it just means the comment wasn't accurate in the context but not that they are a nutjob, or that the basic message is wrong.

I'm not a nut job. I'm just making an observation and considering the comment about religious bigotry being alive I'd say it was not completely out of place..and normally all it takes is one comment for someone to get offended for example you replying to mine. I've only made 2 comments total and replied to one other. yet here you are jumping my case..so out of the two of us who really is a nutjob?

"I'm just making an observation" No, you're just frantically making stuff up and ignoring all evidence to the contrary. Pretty nutty, I think most people would agree.

I am sorry you have to deal with that, if she doesn't like Jews, she should read her Bible more.

If you're near D.C. just casually drop her off at the holocaust museum and drive away.

Jew must really hate that she thinks that.... I'm sorry I'll go now

Sounds like most Christians I've had the displeasure of meeting, gl op.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that your future mother in law is a racist bigot. It amazes me people still have minds like that in 2016.

Did this happen in louisiana with a family that lives by a lake and had lots of kids over? If so, run far and fast!

From one Jew to another (and everyone else reading this), all I can say is focus on the love you have for your partner and not the hatred of their parents. A big part of Jewish culture is love and life over hatred for a fellow man, so embrace that and ignore all the negativity. Mazel tov on the engagement

I don't mind people who are religious, but I can't stand those who use religion to be biggoted assholes.