This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By in this day and age.... - 19/10/2023 16:25 - United States - Dallas

Today, the first words I heard from my "good, Christian" future mother-in-law included a salvo of curse words and a hushed rant about "them dirty Jews". I'm culturally Jewish. This bodes well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 182
You deserved it 1 824

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sure she would've really hit it off with her savior, a short, dark-skinned, culturally Jewish fellow named Jesus.

The thing I don't get about Christians hating Jews is that they don't realize their religion only exists because of a Jew.

Comments

sohigh10 34

You could record her, I don't know what you'd do with it, but it's always good to have evidence back you up if your fiance takes her side.

I don't know about this state but in my town it's illegal to record someone without their knowledge. You have to tell them you're recording or have signs posted. If people come in to buy a voice recorder and say it's for that we can't even sell it to them.

As a resident of the state of Texas, I've had a little experience with this from a previous job (unfortunately because of similar reasons.) In Texas, only one participant in the recorded conversation must be aware AND ON RECORD as having knowledge and giving permission that the conversation can be recorded.

**** off you're either Jewish or not Jewish. You can't be "culturally Jewish"

saxaddict122 14

Well, you kinda can be. One of my good buddies has Jewish ancestry and has been bar mitzvah-ed and grew up with some of the Jewish influences, but neither he nor his nuclear family are religious. I don't necessarily understand all of the differences (I'm not Jewish at all) but I know that anti-Semites hate people of Jewish decent in general and that OP definitely has a problem on her hands.

this wouldn't happen if you just bowled on the weekend Walter...

Sharpie some numbers number on her for are so she can be Jewish too

Well then hopefully you will convert and become a Christian. I don't like Jewish people because of the experience I have had with

most Christians and catholics refer to jews as our brothers in religion our Jewish brothers and sisters as taught in my church. Jesus knew he needed to die on the cross he dident try to avoid it and also it was gods will that the crowd turned against him. I'm sure if he had wanted he could have avoided it but he openly accepted it.

mother in law and daughter in law were never meant to like each other anyway

Maybe if you weren't just culturally Jewish, and actually embraced your Judaism.. You wouldn't deserve to be treated this way. Next time date a jew.

I thought I was the only Jew on here!