By Iamfurios - 12/12/2016 18:43

Today one of my flatmates told the rest of us to stop using the toilet after 10pm cause he's a light sleeper and the flushing noise wakes him up. After arguing about it, he gave us his 'permission' to use the toilet, but only if we don't flush until the next day. Guess who is always the first to wake up? FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 544
You deserved it 715

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If the majority of y'all have a problem tell him his request inconveniences everyone else so either he finds a way to deal with it such as earplugs or headphones or he can find another place to live.

Kick him out. Why the hell would you stay with a roommate that disrespects even your basic needs? No roommate is better than a selfish jerkwad of a one

Comments

Kick him out. Why the hell would you stay with a roommate that disrespects even your basic needs? No roommate is better than a selfish jerkwad of a one

Flush it when you wake up to wake him up in the morning.

nentenkupo 16

I think the idea is that the flatmate who can't stand flushing is the first one to wake up

That's nasty! Tell that guy to wear earplugs if it bothers him so much.

tounces7 27

Or buy a fan. The white noise will cover the sound.

mariri9206 32

"Flush him out." probably would've been better. lol

If the majority of y'all have a problem tell him his request inconveniences everyone else so either he finds a way to deal with it such as earplugs or headphones or he can find another place to live.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If this was a story involving living with family, fine. But roommates are a different story. Everyone is paying rent and no one should have to view another person's waste because one person is a "light sleeper ". Ask to switch rooms to one further from the toilet, wear ear plugs, play background music to drown out the sound, or move the hell out. It's just not fair to paying individuals to have their personal bodily functions limited in their own home. To be honest you would think that someone who's that light of a sleeper would say something prior to moving in and find out this isn't the right arrangement for them.

That sucks OP. The rule in our house is- if it's yellow, keep it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down! Saves water. But your roommate is being totally unreasonable and should at the very least get earplugs!

Urine has an unpleasant odor too. That's thoroughly disgusting, and increases the chance of sickness.

There are many areas of the world where flushing urine diverts water from more important uses, including areas of the US at times. Would you rather have a sparkling toilet all of the time, or water for drinking/laundry?

Considering that isn't a problem where I live, I'll take both.

No. Just no. Tell the ******* prince to get over himself. Are you going to let someone else run your life?

Tell him to deal with the problem himself, if I need to go I will ******* go, there's nobody stopping me