By dani1104 - 29/01/2010 08:49 - United States

Today, my window fell out of the wall, landed on my head, and shattered. I waited 6 hours to get 23 stitches in the emergency room. When I got home, I found a bill. I owe my landlord $130 to replace the window. They won't fix it until I pay up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 879
You deserved it 2 309

dani1104 tells us more.

dani1104 0

So I'm not lying. The window repairman came today (after I paid $130) and said that some spring or something in the window frame was worn out. Boston had some very strong winds the day the window fell out, which pushed it out of the frame. I was on the floor doing a puzzle of Fenway Park if you needed to know.

Top comments

softkitty_fml 0

there is no way he can legally make you pay for that if it turns out that the accident was a result of his negligence. if he knew about the problem before and didn't fix it then you can easily sue him for the damages to your person. either way, the landlord cannot make you pay for the window unless you did something that caused the window to fall out in the first place. he is just trying to intimidate you. don't fall for his bullshit. i'm a law student. i know this stuff to be a fact.

you should demand the medical bill from your landlord instead. for renting a place with a dangerous window.

Comments

unless you made the window fall it is the landlord to replace that otherwise the property is considered uninhabitable

o0XMzMayX0o 0

you should contact ur state appartment association they will take care of the law suit. my landlord wanted me to pay for the increase of water cuz the main ac unit broke and fail to take care of a leak too I got 15,000 from his insurance u should do it!

Lgreen 0

It is the landlords place to replace that window not yours and you should not get charged for it either...you should make the landlord replace the window and pay your hospital bill for the faulty window accident!

voguebabee 0

You deserve it if you pay for the window. You should sue your landlord for not properly having things installed. You were injuried on their property they need to pay for the window to be replaced and for you medical bills

voguebabee 0

If someone is robbing your house and falls and injuries themselves in your house they can you the property owner

thats bad medcare right there. and just pay $130 and get the window fixed, dumbass.