By CarolinaD - 23/10/2009 14:06 - United States

Today, my son's teacher told me that I should take my son to the doctor, because he has been complaining of bad headaches. They ran some tests, and then removed a peanut that's apparently been lodged in his nose for months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 094
You deserved it 5 231

Same thing different taste

Top comments

letitbe56 0

How old is this son? Always include an age--I was picturing him as 12 or so until the last line when I realized this is probably preschool. And why was the teacher the first to notice that he had been complaining for months about headaches?

So your son won the "who can shove a peanut the farthest up their nose" game?

Comments

This FML is poorly worded making it hard, nay impossible, to determine how to vote. Another round of meh for the public school system. Some of you repliers are really jumping to mis-conclusions (yea, I call em as I see em). Did the kid get headaches at home? For months? If so, then bad parenting. Wouldn't an eye-exam be the first step for headaches in school?? OK, the OP only gets 300 characters (which is a bitch). How would anyone but the kid know the nut was up there for 'months'?!? It's really on the kid for not telling his parents, or the Dr.

letitbe56 0

Yeah, except how many three-year-olds have you met who would say, "Hey mom, I just shoved a peanut up my nose! Can we go to the doctor and get it out?" It's actually a common thing for kids to do. When I was four or five, I was having bad headaches and the first thing they did was X-ray my sinuses to see if I shoved something up there. Fortunately, I hadn't.

starry_eyed 0

I hope this kid is under the age of eight or so. I don't think it's the mothers' fault. If he did it at school, she wouldn't know, unless she pokes through his nose with a flashlight every day.

I agree sometimes kids don't day things to their parents. My son had swimmers ear for over a week but he didn't tell me his ear was hurting. His logic I wouldn't let him go to the pool if he told me his ear was hurting.

You forgot to mention it was his Special Ed teacher. Clearly your son is retarded.

Silentknight 0

my little brother shoved a Lego up his nose. it's almost ten years later and it's still in his medical file.

xmeggbaabe 0

That would be fhislife, not yours.

noshitsherlock 0

Your life IS ****** because your child is a total ******* idiot. He does that in the first place, then doesn't say anything for MONTHS?! THEN doesn't even tell YOU, but tells his teacher? I feel bad for you..

JCrown84 0

If you didnt know about the peanut...how would you know its been up there for "months" The only possible way is that your child told you it has, in which case you have some serious communication problems prior to this. PAY ATTENTION to your children...kids do stupid stuff, its your job as a parent to make sure they dont. Be an adult.

jane99 0

Ha, once I knew a little girl with a rock stuck in her ear.