By Live02Dance - 25/06/2011 12:58 - United States

Today, my mother won't give me any painkillers for my migraine. She believes that "When medicine goes into your stomach, the acids stop the medicine from working" and that "It's all in people's heads when medicine works". FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 491
You deserved it 3 114

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmScrubs 19

I would like to give your mum an award of excellence on behalf of all the staff of "Complete Idiot University" also known as CIU.

flockz 19

im just wondering why their mom even has medicine in the first place if she doesn't even believe in it...

Comments

Kind of like how the moon landing was faked, and Obama is the "Antichrist." Right?....right?

iSitt 0

you can tell if the Antichrist has arrived because most of the Christians will be following him.

49- I hope thts not you in your picture....

Eiregal 7

why put kuds picture up! come on

Yeah and open heart surgeries are all in people's heads too.

Medicines are tested against the placebo effect by double blinding.

over the counter pain meds don't work for me. I need prescription meds and sometimes those don't work

....Is your mother retarded? Stomach acid isn't that strong, by compariso to some other acids, and tetralysal capsules worked wonders for my acne. So, first hand experience says that your mother is wrong.

TalkinSmack 6

stomach acid is hydrochloric acid. How is that not strong?

19 - Your stomach lining is shed very quickly in comparison to other areas of the body because the acid will eat a hole right through it otherwise. How are you getting thumbed up if your comment is completely inaccurate? Stomach acid is very corrosive; the person who replied to you after your post is right. It's hydrochloric acid. Drink some and tell me it's not that strong. Citric acid isn't that strong.

I do know how nasty HCl can get, actually. By which I mean, I once dropped some calcium into a flask of some and then got a face full of hydrogen. Not a fun day. What I mean is, it's in weak solution comparative to what you can get in your local chemist.

It's still considerably strong; it can eat through a capsule in under 20 minutes. I get what you're saying; in comparison to some other acids it's not as bad, but it's still bad.

I refuse to believe terminator had acne, you be trollin!

Don't you need to look at the molarity of the acid as well as what "kind" of acid it is? It's generally accepted that aqueous HCl is pretty corrosive, but its concentration is important, too, as diluted acids don't corrode as much. I have ingested 0.5 molar Hydrochloric acid, I was fine and it tasted less sour (acidic) than lemon juice or the leftover pickle jar business with acetic acid in it. Also "strong" has a different meaning than corrosive potential when talking about acids. Something to do with the way the acid ionizes(?)

Obviously your mom is an idiot. What about all the food and drink you have? Do all the nutrients get destroyed also?

Drink your mother's coolaid and it'll all be okay...

Cryingraven 1

Kool-Aid!! not coolaid!! silly white person SMH {o_} haha

sorry! I feel bad for you!!! maybe you should ask your mom to research the negative effects that pain causes on your body, like high blood pressure

ImmaCIAhole 2

how did I know you would comment on this one!!

izzy7 11

Tell her she can stop eating because stomach acid destroys nutrients and calories too and it's all in her head when food keeps her from starving.

Mother Dearest obviously watches too much Matrix to believe that.