By qwertycode - 26/11/2015 18:57 - United States - Colton

Today, my mom prevented me from walking a neighbor's dog because she said I'm obsessed with it. I walk the dog three times a day because that's what the neighbors pay me to do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 429
You deserved it 1 619

qwertycode tells us more.

qwertycode 19

Hello, OP here! The family that owns the dog is out of town currently due to Thanksgiving and all that, which is why they need someone to walk the dog. I take care of other things too of course, like feeding, making sure he goes to bed, etc but it's mostly just letting him get his exercise.

Top comments

Prevent her from driving to work, because she's obviously obsessed with driving and working.

How does your mother not understand or know that this is a job and not a hobby?

Comments

damn, I wish I saw this before I made a similar post.

300 assholes stand against an army of 5118 kissasses

Railroader 16

what in the hell are you talking about?

It's nice to hear someone cares about their dog's needs so much. 3 Walks a day makes for a very happy dog.

tell her she can't go to bingo,she's obsessed.

That's dumb of your mom but three times a day sounds like a lot.

It depends on the dog. Some dogs require more exercise than others. Plus if the dog is by itself for most of the day and night, while its owners are away, the extra walks are good interaction time.

Not really... You have to walk any dog at least twice a day just go to the bathroom. Three (or more) is better if you can manage it. And that's not even taking into account the need for exercise and social interaction, especially for larger dogs.

#29, No it's not. Depending on the breed or breeds, 3 walks a day is fine. My neighbor has a pointer/lab mix and they have to do it for at least an hour 3 times a day. Huskies require more than one walk a day. Border Collies need at least 2 hours of exercise a day and more than one walk a day

I used to have to take my dog for 5 mile runs each day, so 3 walks isn't much. It just depends on the breed and even a dog's individual energy levels.

Ask if she'd pay you to stay at home, then.

Obsessed with something (legal) giving you money! How awful!

Does your mother know what being responsibility is ?