By Zanovitch - 13/08/2013 20:19 - United States - Grand Rapids

Today, my mom asked me, once again, if my girlfriend of almost a year is just a cover up for being gay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 063
You deserved it 4 268

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well all the gay **** in your internet history probably isn't helping your case.

Comments

Play along and let it go over your head! Don't give her the satisfaction of a reaction when she asks you and she will soon get bored of doing it. You just focus on having a great time with your gf :)

I guess the only thing left to do is to prove your heterosexuality. And by prove, I mean have sex. With the girlfriend, of course.

Actually, you'd be surprised... One of my friends married a woman and stayed with her for 5 years to cover that he was gay. He finally divorced her, but not after ruining her life and having 2 kids together. Not saying you're like that, OP, just saying it happens. Sorry your mom doesn't understand you or your relationships.

I know a lot of gay men. They've all had girlfriends (many had serious ones) early on in life until. . . One gay friend of mine said his parents knew he was gay long before he did.

monnanon 13

i imagine its because it is still an odd thing to be gay expect now most people are super groovey and fake positive about it, which is actually more annoying. it will be a hell of a lot easier for gay people when people just dont give a shit.

MerrikBarbarian 9

Same is true of gay women. I am in a small town where homosexuality is seen as weird... So I had a lot of boyfriends before I accepted my sexuality trying to make myself straight.

We won't judge you. You can spill the beans here. Tell us the truth OP. We are waiting for it.

150493x 29

You should both sit down and have a chat just to set things straight. Hopefully then she will see your relationship is sincere and she will stop asking you.

sscookie 13

do u dress really well? if so, u may have to explain what metro is :)

metro is a newspaper in my city... I am not sure what explaining a newspaper would do. maybe just hand her one? easier than explaining...

Xquisite1 28

OP, having a girlfriend who is the splitting image of Chaz Bono doesn't quite help you plead your case buddy!

Well, as long as it's not your girlfriend who's asking...