By for_fs_sake - 21/09/2012 10:56 - United Kingdom

Today, my husband revealed that he found me drunk and shoe-less in a shrub in our front garden last night, sending dirty texts to my new employee. I've recently had my meds switched and apparently can't drink now. My husband's pissed, my shoes are gone, and I can't look the new guy in the face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 557
You deserved it 25 298

for_fs_sake tells us more.

I called the hospital this morning and was informed by the duty nurse that yes, I definitely should have been told not to drink on the new meds. When I asked why the doc didn't mention it, she replied that "the doctor has been very busy as she's now taken on a management position and she must have forgotten". Fabulous! Happily, my husband's very understanding, and the new guy thinks it's hilaaaaaaaaaaaarious. So right now, I guess it's the lack of shoes and lack of dignity that are the real problems. And yes - I've heard I was a BLAST to drink with last night, until the whole shrub-shoe-booty-text debacle. God, I'm a moron.

Top comments

perdix 29

You're British, so he's angry and you're "pissed." What are your new meds? I want to hand them out at the local bar, because you sound like tons of fun. Even with moderate success, I could get some free shoes.

Yikes. If you have an HR department (or anyone in an equivalent position), you might want to explain the situation to them before your new employee does. And if you haven't called your doctor yet to report what happened in case it wasn't just due to the drinking, you might do that, too.

Comments

It's kind of your fault for not looking into the info that pharmacies give to people. Most drugs you shouldnt drink at all

I don't know... I've been in different psych meds and it's kind if obvious to not drink while on them. It's also your fault for not asking questions about your medication, and the doctors fault. Oh well hopefully you learned from this crazy night of yours and all goes well.

The_F3rris 11

Im sure your doctor told you not to mix the meds with alcohol. Which is pretty much common sense anyway...

yusaku02 20

wow, OP you sure sound like a *****.

Unless you're on acid and not even then should you use a piss poor excuse as that.

Everybody knows alcohol and medicines don't mix well...